Why do "peace loving" Christians and "rational minded" Atheists always hijack other people's threads?

I love how I'm asking a question that has nothing to do with them, and they just appear out of nowhere and either start posting irrelevant information "Jesus Saves" or "that's because God doesn't exist" mumbo jumbo. Really, I swear they are one in the same.

• Ruth
    Favorite Answer

Open forum. I am Christian and I always answer atheist questions. Atheists do the same. Thats the way we roll here.

• ?

Well, many "peace loving" Christians don't realize how sick their religion is when viewed by "rational minded" atheists.

Christians say that Jesus Christ loves us, yet he will torture us forever if we didn't say or think magic words. That's not love; it's extortion. Christianity is a cult that emphasizes a story about what happens after we die -- whether we end up happy forever or tortured forever. The mythical story of Jesus' crucifixion is a horrible, sadistic story of human sacrifice. Christians even celebrate it by ceremoniously drinking his blood and eating his body. This is ritual vampirism and cannibalism.

The idea of blood sacrifice for vicarious atonement (i.e. the mythical Jesus dying for other people's sins) is immoral -- punishing the innocent to free the guilty. But, it's good marketing.

The problem is with religion itself being a denial and repudiation of rational thought and our humanity, which then allows people to do many forms of evil.

Christianity was behind:

The Dark Ages

The inquisitions

The crusades

The genocides

The Holocaust

The book burnings

The heretic burnings

The heretic stonings

The honor killings

The killing of gays

The killing of apostates

The amputation of limbs

Human sacrifice (including that of the mythical Jesus)

Countless wars in the name of religion

Hindering of science

Hindering of medicine

Hindering of social advancement

Hindering of education

Backing of slavery

Subjugation of women

Child rapes by religious leaders, and the cover-ups

...and much more.

I'd like to prevent repeats.

• Nous

I do hope you are very young and immature and then there would be hope for you as you grow up!

What do you not understand about this being an open forum?!

Surely you lack the tolerance and intellect to discuss and debate on a public forum - so feel free to leave!

But why not stay, learn some tolerance, grow your intellect and in the process become a much better person!

i'm someone who enjoys chatting with people about the Bible and Bible truths. i'm searching for the few people left in this international who're definitely in touch in the actuality. you ought to properly be rational yet that doesnt mean that you'll take heed to the actuality, no matter if it hit you in the face. i'm no longer searching for someone to argue with or to educate my beliefs to. So if I allow you to know a few thing and also you come back back with what appears like you're purely attempting to make me experience stupid or to start up a strive against, I purely wont answer. Jesus didnt argue with those who does no longer listen and neither will I.

I don't think "hijacking" in this context means what you think it means. LOL. :)

If you were to hijack a thread, you'd change the course of the conversation. These silly irrelevant responses don't do that. They're just incredibly annoying.

god is a product of our imagination documented into a book, god is nothing short of scientifically worthless. Makes sense right? unless you're actually going to think that this storybook that was written by homophobic desert dwellers is ACTUALLY god's own words (which is impossible because god doesn't even have a voice/voice box, since a voice box is physical and god isn't physical, the same can he said for his eyes, ears, etc)

Sure.

"Jesus saves" and "God doesn't exist" are NOT the same thing. Not by a long shot.

It's a free country, a free website, and an open forum. Sorry if that bothers you so much.

So who the phuck do you think YOU are?

God doesn't exist until evidence for his existence arrives. Until then, shut the phuck up.

I love how you have a sense of entitlement on the internet. Get over yourself.