A couple questions about BED or Binge Eating Disorder?

-What are most cases of BED caused by?

-Can you purge while binge eating?

-What is or is there a solution to binge eating?

Also, if anyone has had any personal experiences with binging and you would allow me to include your story on a report I am writing please share it! Thanks!!

• Julia
    Favorite Answer

is this a personal problem?

Binge & Compulsive Eating

There are many more people with binge & compulsive eating than any other eating disorder. Because they are not over- thin and are not bulimic, they do not get the help & treatment they need and may spend many years suffering with their condition, going on diets and struggling with excess weight. People who eat compulsively are usually highly concerned and worried about their body image, weight and shape and they are likely to describe themselves as “comfort eaters”.

Binge Eating Disorder

This involves repeated episodes of uncontrolled overeating large amounts of food, often in secret- which are not accompanied by purging but which lead to a great deal of shame and guilt. People may binge on any kind of food or specific foods like chocolate, biscuits or cereal. Binge eating feels for many people as if they have been “taken over” by someone else.

Compulsive Eating

Nibbling, picking, going backwards and forwards to the fridge but never feeling satisfied; even having just one chocolate bar too many but feeling guilty and worried about food. Compulsive eaters may say “I am not sure I have an eating disorder, perhaps I am just greedy” but they need just as much help as everyone else who struggles with control of food.

Being Out Of Control With Food

This is what people say life is like with binge or compulsive overeating

I wish I could just take food and leave it but it is never enough.

I feel like a bottomless pit

If I eat one I finish the lot

I started dieting when I was 13 when I was OK and now I am fatter than ever

I start a diet on Monday and by lunchtime I am in the biscuit tin

I f people saw my eating habits they would not respect me

I try to get rid of my husband so I can eat & eat & eat even more

I tell myself it’s the last time, but next day is just the same; I desperately need help

10 Strategies for Overcoming Binge Eating

Manage stress. One of the most important aspects of controlling binge eating is to find alternate ways to handle stress and other overwhelming feelings without using food. These may include exercising, meditating, using sensory relaxation strategies, and practicing simple breathing exercises.

Eat 3 meals a day plus healthy snacks. Eating breakfast jump starts your metabolism in the morning. Follow breakfast with a balanced lunch and dinner, and healthy snacks in between. Stick to scheduled mealtimes, as skipping meals often leads to binge eating later in the day.

Avoid temptation. You’re much more likely to overeat if you have junk food, desserts, and unhealthy snacks in the house. Remove the temptation by clearing your fridge and cupboards of your favorite binge foods.

Stop dieting. The deprivation and hunger of strict dieting can trigger food cravings and the urge to overeat. Instead of dieting, focus on eating in moderation. Find nutritious foods that you enjoy and eat only until you feel content, not uncomfortably stuffed. Avoid banning certain foods as this can make you crave them even more.

Exercise. Not only will exercise help you lose weight in a healthy way, but it also lifts depression, improves overall health, and reduces stress. The natural mood-boosting effects of exercise can help put a stop to emotional eating.

Fight boredom. Instead of snacking when you're bored, distract yourself. Take a walk, call a friend, read, or take up a hobby such as painting or gardening.

Get enough sleep. If you're tired, you may want to keep eating in order to boost your energy. Take a nap or go to bed earlier instead.

Listen to your body. Learn to distinguish between physical and emotional hunger. If you ate recently and don't have a rumbling stomach, you're probably not really hungry. Give the craving time to pass.

Keep a food diary. Write down what you eat, when, how much, and how you're feeling when you eat. You may see patterns emerge that reveal the connection between your moods and binge eating.

Get support. You're more likely to succumb to binge eating triggers if you lack a solid support network. Talking helps, even if it’s not with a professional. Lean on family and friends, join a support group, and if possible consult a therapist.

http://helpguide.org/mental/binge_eating_disorder....

That is more often than not more emotionally established than hunger headquartered. Is there something bothering you continually? Are you anxious, or depressed? Normally when someone is going by means of some thing difficult they could use meals to manage after which it turns into an addiction. I have a an identical quandary, i have an eating disease (bulimia/EDNOS) and it can be terrible. I want I would give you a specific strategy to recover from it and stop however i personally have now not yet figured out a way for myself. The best thing you could do for your self is get authentic aid, that's what i'm doing. Or else it's going to customarily simply get worse, I used to consider I was once bad however recently it received quite a bit worse, I didn't fully grasp anyone could get as bad as i have, please get aid! It is really the biggest disgrace developing vainness killing thing I've ever encountered.