Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 8 years ago

Tax Refund IRS January 31 2011?

Well I didn't receive any direct deposits on the 25th which is the day Direct Deposits go out. Does IRS do direct deposits on Tuesdays? I'm still getting the same notice "We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by January 31, 2012."

Best Answer

THANX FOR THAT INFO IT WAS REALLY HELPFUL I JUST LOOKED AT PAPER AND IT HAD DCN SO THAT LETS ME NO THAT IM IN THE OLD SYSTEM AND PROBABLY THE REASON IM NOT EVEN IN THE SYSTEM OR GETTING ANY RESPONSE FOR THE HOTLINES AND WEBSITES GUESS ILL JUST WAIT IT OUT ITS OUT OF MY HANDS BUT I DO HOPE I GET IT SOON BUT I FILED ON THE 20TH I DONT SEE WHY IWOULD BE IN THE OLD SYSTEM

I called this morning and was actually the first caller for the IRS rep. She was very nice and helpful. We were on for 45 minutes, but she did her research. She said the WMR is wrong. She said that if it is stating you are still processing until Jan. 31st, you will have your money by Feb. 3rd. She actually looked up my information and told me I was in the batch that was delayed. Which is if your company sent it over before the 11th. She stated the system is backed up, but only delayed by a week. So if you still have the processing of Jan. 31st, you will get yours next week. She said the system isn't always updating correctly either. I actually even called back 2 more times to ensure I was getting accurate information. All 3 reps said that it is being deposited by 2/3. The WMR system will update over the weekend.

Source(s): irs rep

I spoke to two IRS reps in the past two days. This is what I was told.... The refunds that were sent in by tax preparers early and were accepted on the 17th and some on the 18th were accepted into the old IRS system. The ones accepted after that were accepted into the new system. The ones accepted in the old system are stuck in the system until they trickle their way out into the new system. All the while new returns are coming in slowing down the entire system. They do not have any answers nor do they want to even try to be compassionate regarding your inquiries. In fact they are down right rude, disgusting, and repulsive. I contacted my local news this evening as I have noticed that people are left just not knowing what is going on. Minutes after my local news station contacted the IRS this statement was released: http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USIRS-... In my opinion the statement makes light of the situation and out right lies about what really is going on. I have some information that may help you in knowing whether or not you are on the old system or new system. On your tax returns ( I filed turbo tax so I found this right above my name on the page titled Electronic Filing Instructions) you will either find the words " Declaration Control Number" which means you were processed in the old system or "ID" which means you were processed in the new system. If you were processed in the old system, chances are you are going to be waiting for your return to find it's way out to the new system. I hope this information helps you and that you get your return sooner than later. Good Luck.

Source(s): Phone Calls to the IRS IRS Statement released to Fox 2 News Detroit IRS Statement released to Tax Prepares Yahoo Answers Turbo Tax Forums

Here is a link that will hopefully answer some of your questions. I am in the same boat that you are in! I am still hoping its not the 31st or delayed til next week! Good luck!

http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/IRS-Warns-Tax-...

I filed on the 13th, was accepted on the 16th and got the "should be deposited by January 31st ..." for the longest. Today when I checked WMR it stated that my "fund is scheduled to be deposited on January 30th.." and to contact them if it is not received by Feb. 4th.

Welcome to limbo where the wait is up for grabs.We who wait here are lost and IRS keeps saying give us three more weeks but never explain a thing, Oh and we do NOT have cookies on this dark side. The IRS took the money for them

Source(s): W

When i spoke to a rep today they told me starting tomorrow there be releasing check

im still with the same message as you and hoping tomorrow it doesn't move to a later date.

Thank you for sharing that