promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

What do atheists think about people who were possessed by demons such as the case of Anneliese Michel?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Mental illness, not demon possession.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think we should give them a lobotomy and see if the demons can still animate the body.

Of course if we give them a lobotomy ALL demonic possession "signs" would be eliminated because there is no such thing as demonic possession because demons do not exist. But the mental illness would be "cured".

• 8 years ago

There was once a woman in Thailand who was said to be posessed. She was violent: she'd attack anyone and everyone. She never cleaned herself. She screamed and cursed at passers by. One day, the villagers went to see Ajahn Chah, hoping to get him to exorcise the demon. Ajahn Chah hemmed and hawed, and the villagers persisted till he said, "fine...bring her by tomorrow."

The next day, the villagers brought her to the monastery. Ajahn Chah had some monks dig a hole, and told another one to go boil some water. So off they went. They held the woman down in the hole, and he kept shouting for the monks to hurry with the water. When they came back with a steaming kettle of boiling water, he said, "Okay...we have to pour the water on her. That will get the demon out." They held the kettle over the woman as if to pour it, and the woman stopped her behavior and calmed down. He was able to talk to her about her problems and help her from that point.

People confuse mental illness with demon posession. Ajahn Chah knew she wasn't posessed. It wasn't demons. She was in horrible pain and needed help, but no one could help her as long as she was acting the way she did. People who are "posessed" need professional help, not an exorcism.

• 8 years ago

Mark 1:23 Also, at that immediate time there was in their synagogue a man under the power of an unclean spirit, and he shouted, 24 saying: “What have we to do with you, Jesus you Naz·a·rene′? Did you come to destroy us? I know exactly who you are, the Holy One of God.” 25 But Jesus rebuked it, saying: “Be silent, and come on out of him!” 26 And the unclean spirit, after throwing him into a convulsion and yelling at the top of its voice, came on out of him. :

Did the demons die then? NO Are they still alive and on the earth? Yes.

Revelation 12:7 And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

So the bible tells us they are misleading the entire inhabit earth so this should not be a surprise to anyone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

aliens are demons.

ghosts are demons.

1.demons want to drag u to hell.

2.the only way to fight these demons is with the help of God. His name is Jesus Christ. demons fear Him.

so, to help u start fighting these demons, i suggest u pray 'psalm 26' 1600 times in 40 days. it's a lot of effort, but it's worth it if u don't want demons to cohabit with u.

people like me and other yahoo users can't really help u. only God can help u, that is, if u ask Him for help.

3.also, i suggest u put sign of the cross on everything in ur house.

Using ur right hand, you should touch your forehead at the mention of the Father; just above the belly button at the mention of the Son; and the right shoulder on the word "Holy" and the left shoulder on the word "Spirit."

The Sign of the Cross:

"In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."

4.also, i suggest u pray this prayer 100 times a day:

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, deliver me from the antichrist, enemy forces [demons], and witchcraft. Amen"

a note on aliens. aliens are demons. Christian God created these aliens. first, they were nice looking, now they're not so nice looking. so, demons dress in fake human skin and fly in ufo ships. warning: 80ftdinosaurs will come out from underground through sinkholes and lakes, and start eating people up; antichrist is a white gay man with red eyes; mark of the antichrist is a green electronic nwo tattoo with sixes that is given by lasers when one stretches their hand to receive a new small gray world passport; ufos=demons=aliens=ascended masters=ghosts=channeled entities=dead relatives during seances=spirit guides=pagan gods=greys etc.; atlantis (where aliens make humans their puppets) is underneath mariana trench; china will attack russia; don't worship the antichrist; don't take "the chip, world passport, and nwo tattoo"; don't go into a ufo ship under any circumstances

• 8 years ago

Only a very few deluded people think mental illness is caused by "demons". In the last few hundred years we've discovered that it's better to treat mental disorder with medications rather than exorcism. Welcome to the 21st century.

• 4 years ago

it is perplexing to assert with this actual case. i think of she grew to become into. There are too many factors, issues that could no longer be defined. Her bishop turn-flopped distinctive situations. commonly by using clicking the case grew to become into getting. I additionally think of the mummy and dad and monks have been responsible of no longer hospitalizing her. She of course wasn't able to starting to be a valid decision. those whose care she grew to become into in could have finished it for her. regrettably, the shrink in touch as a effect is now coaching human beings a thank you to be possessed so as that they might have the "journey."

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

atheists, most legitimate medical professionals, agnostics, and even a goodly portion of the religious congregation would say that what you are calling "demonic possession" is an acute form of Dissociative Identity Disorder.

• J
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Paedophilia has a lot to answer for sick, twisted, demonic, paedophiles.

Jesus...

and to prove I'm the real deal I explain (in all languages as promised) how I performed 2 miracles feeding the 5000 and the miraculous catch in my key video "the announcement". More will be revealed in due course over the next few months as the world wakes up slowly to the reality I am back. spread the video (facebook, twitter, email etc) if you want to speed up the coming of a world free of oppression, violence, paedophilia etc it's going to happen but you can help speed it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlIdVBJ36fI

Youtube thumbnail

• 8 years ago

She wasn't possessed by demons she was mentally ill and of malnutrition and dehydration because her family were stupid enough to believe she was possessed and failed to take care of her properly!

Source(s): My boyfriend wrote an essay on Anneliese's case
  • Armor
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

And it's funny still no one knows the real cause of mental illness.

A weakened state of mind allows demons into your mind and puts forth the manipulation of the chemistry in your mind, which allows the mind to perceive things the way demons want, which results in, suicide, murder, destruction of relationships, harm towards others, against what's holy etc.

One of the ways to battle it is to have complete love for thy neighbor (anyone near you) and understand why people may seem mean towards you and to forgive them as God forgives us. (And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. -Mark 11:25) We all have flaws and are not perfect, we will never be on earth. Growing towards Christ gives us everything we need.

When the soul is possessed, it requires exorcism, which is rare, but is more common than thought.

Allowing God to take control of your life is more amazing than you think and you will realize the miracles here on earth. For example, I have prayed hard for something and about 10 years later I was amazed how it came true and let me tell you it was no coincidence. God works in mysterious ways and is no magic genie, another way to deceive people into thinking they know who God is, but only a way for the dark spirits to fool you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.