Why is America aligned with Israel?

I understand that Israel is a key strategic military foothold in the middle east, and I understand that there is a heavy Jewish influence in America. Are there any other reasons why we are so tied to Israel?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • jehen
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel is the only rule of law democratic republic in the region - the form of government we want all nations to adopt (unless of course the people elect someone we do not like).

But in truth Israel is that for only for only the non Arabs living areas it controls. Arabs citizens of Israel have the same rights as Jewish citizens of Israel. But Israel sees to it the Arabs in the occupied territories do not have the same rights where the Jews in the occupied territories. And then Israel sees to it that because Jews are living in the Occupied territory the Arabs living there cannot be of the nation of Israel or any other nation. It is apartheid by any other name - but as Jews are a minority in the region opening their democracy to all of the people under its domain would result in losing control of the country.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

I'm not sure of the answer you are after here, but this is my take:

The People of Israel should be the Poster Children for the Democratic Liberal Party and they aren't?

They have been down-trodden throughout their existence. They have been abused, exploited and enslaved throughout history.

Isn't this the Exact Definition of what the Democrats purport to be about? Helping the little guy? Protecting those that can't protect themselves?

I'm not sure I understand why it's the Republicans that seem to be more closely allied with them.

• Thalia
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Israel has a population of about 6 million Jews, and the US also has a population of about 6 million Jews.

American Jews lobby the American government on behalf of their Israeli bethren, and are a large and influencial enough group to carry weight in American politics.

• 8 years ago

Israel is made up of mostly Jews, and all of the bible hero are Jews, from Jesus to Moses . We the people of the US are grafted into the Jews belief of God , By Jesus, The Word of God. Is their any wonder that God has call the Jews his chosen people. Their for , We must stand with them, its God will.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jeff
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

They're the only real democracy in that part of the World.

But, we're not always on their side.........when the Falkland Island War broke out, the US sided with Britain, Israel sided with Argentina. fwiw.

• 5 years ago

Cos the US like licking the taste of Matzah balls flavoured *** of a yahudi.

• 8 years ago

You mean like being the only democracy in the region? Or the technological hub of the Mideast? Or what?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Google AI PAC..They are the most powerful foreign and otherwise lobby in America , they can make or break any politicians career.

• Riley
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Americans being religious and bible world viewed, all see them as "Gods People".

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Religion

That and the jews run the world

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.