i have a copyright strike on my youtube account from another persons video?

i was going to change my password then i noticed it said i have a copyright strike against me for a video uploaded 3 years ago on a video i never uploaded it says "MTV Scarred - Joe Norton's Skateboard Obliterates His Face - (AlexBleedingLove) Video ID: gPaWtsAmJnY Removed due to a copyright claim by Viacom International Inc. on Jan 20, 2009 " and "AlexBleedingLove" is NOT my youtube account name and when i typed it in the account is closed

• Mik
    Favorite Answer

I doubt anyone but an expert or Google Employee can help you with this. Try posting on the youtube help forums and hope you get lucky with a Top Contributor or Employee seeing your question.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube?hl=e...

Disclaimers do no longer do something. Its luck of the draw. I positioned "warm 'n' chilly" over a video of Simpsons clips and easily have been given a notification that the music replaced into copyright besides the fact that it in all worldwide places it replaced into unblocked. Then I uploaded a 10 2d Simpsons clip and have been given a strike for it. So it relies upon on the promoter of the artist.

Hi, If you want to avoid youtube copyrights, you should write this in your video.

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use" .

It works for me. Good luck