Should I break up with my girlfriend because she doesn't like Bill Murray?

After suggesting we attend a Groundhog Day marathon my girlfriend admitted to me that she doesn't like Bill Murray. I celebrate his entire filmography from Stripes to Ghostbusters to Life Aquatic to Zombieland. With the exception of Garfield, I don't think he has made a bad movie.

Is this a sign that we're not meant to be? We have been dating for 2.5 years, live together, and have a Great Dane together.

Favorite Answer

LOL this is serious...I mean who doesn't like Bill Murray, right?! I had the same exact problem with my boyfriend! I mean I almost crapped my pants when he told me he didn't like him! I'm not sure what to tell you...you don't want to upset the dog and all. I hear dogs that come from broken homes can develop emotional problems. It's best you just stick it out and just try and get her to come around. Play the movies, recite lines from Caddyshack, whatever it takes. If she really loves you, she'll learn to love Bill too. Just like in What About Bob...baby steps! :p

That's horrible, you should not break up with someone, just because they you have different views...rather try and understand why your girlfriend has those views and respect her for that and she should do the same too. You should be glad that she admitted that she doesn't like Bill Murray.

P.S: Opposites attract! I reckon you should definitely stay with her :)

What kind of sick, twisted people own a Great Dane? Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Yeah, you should def break it off with her, dude - you two are freaky together.

Okay if you're really going to think about ending it with her because of this, its stuppid, me and my boyfriend are like it, He's obsessed with football and his PS3, I can't stand either of it and we're fine, if you want to lose her over that, you're stupid.

• Sabeel

u should not change ur moral views and political, social and media views for sake of another person.

u should break up. its impossible a fascist and communist living together.

ask her whether she likes arsenal...am single..

Source(s): empty skull