Joe Hart is an over-rated Keeper?

Before further details - He is not even close to Cech and Van Der Sar - so dont even bother bringing up their names.

After the weekend I was told that "Joe Hart would have saved RVP's goal . Lindegaard is average".

Bellamy's goal was so so similar to Van Persie's with regards to the keeper.

RVP's was towards Lindegaard's left (weaker side) and Anders managed to touch the ball. Hart did a spectacular and unnecessary dive and let the shot through without even touching it.

He might pull off a few saves here and there yeah but he is not world class as the desperate media claim he is. For every brilliant save, there exists an unconvincing punch.

He has a good defence playing in front of him. End of.

PS- Cech/Van Der Sar in their prime would have tipped Bellamy's and RVP's shots round the posts.

True World Class Goalkeepers

Lol I just noticed how far off his line Hart was for the Bellamy goal. Dont Keepers get taught to stay on their line unless coming to collect a cross? But hey its Hart so shhhhh

S- Wrong. Hart fumbles week in week out. And "no Keeper would save with his toe"...I can swear I saw De Gea do just that earlier in the season........AT ANFIELD OF ALL PLACES!

Favorite Answer

Usual hyping of the English players by the media.The media needed a star keeper for England,Hart was decent and they made him look world class.

You can't compare him to Cech or Van der sar.. They are in fact a different class. But it is the potential Hart has shown over the last few years that attitudes his popularity. When he get's older there's no doubt he could be just as good as the top keepers in the world at the moment

I disagree. Obvioulsy he's nowhere near as good as Van Der Sar but Hart is god. He proved in crucial games and kept his team in the game. Look at their first match against Liverpool at Anfield this season. It was 1-1 but Liverpool would have won and scored a lot more goals if it wasn't for Hart and second leg in the Carling Cup Liverpool could have scored more than two goals if it wasn't for Hart

Judging keepers isnt about single attempts on goal in a random part of the season. It about how they perform week in week out. Joe Hart has proven he can do this, some of the saves against Liverpool last night, no other keeper in the EPL would have even been in the position Joe Hart was, like when he spread himself and cleared it with his toe.

In my opinion No, Joe Hart is not over-rated. Definitely Englands No. 1.

Source(s): Oddser.co.uk

No not at all, he is a very good goalkeeper. Even the best goalkeepers can make mistakes ,I have even seen Gordon Banks make a few.....Besides if it wasn`t for Hart Liverpool could have won by a big score very easily,he had a very good game.

I have just watched that match again as I recorded it .

• Sam

Quite a deluded statement you've made, look at harts age? He's already world class and will keep getting better

I have a feeling that you don't consider Reina at his prime among the likes of Van Der Saar and Cech...

Oh no... I don't want to live on this planet any more! :'(

• MELONS

Yes very over-rated not been impressed, control on line goalkeeping lines with defence has bee terrible basics, like out of position, deep in penalty box. The words plucking bell summary is best!

• Rolf

I agree with ya 100% Patel

I agree he is as successful as De GEA.