Any suggestions for itinerary for a 2-week vacation in the US?

My husband, 1-year-old child and I are planning to visit for the first time mainland US. We will be traveling from Manila to our Los Angeles and hoping we could visit L.A., New York City, Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Portland, Oregon in a minimum 2-week stay. Any suggestion for an itinerary to cover, if possible, all of the 5 cities? We will be going to the usual tourist spots like Universal Studios in L.A., Times Square, Central Park and the museums in N.Y., White House in Washington, D.C., Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco and visit relatives in Portland.

Update:

We're not going to visit the entire 5 states, just the usual tourist spots. We may go in one or two states but if we can do it in 5 states for 2-weeks then we'll go for it. Our plan is to visit two to four tourist spots per state.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sorry to offend you, but your vacation itinerary is absurd, to say the least. Here's why that idea's absurd.

You're from the Philippines, right? Think about how silly it would sound to somebody from the Philippines if somebody said "I'm going to visit all the islands and cities of the Philippines". Now imagine if the Philippines were 33 times larger in landmass and 3 times as big in population. That's right, that's how big the USA is. You might as well try to map Betelgeuse.

You're best off picking a metropolitan area and visiting that place than to do a tour of the USA if you're only going to stay for 2 weeks. People usually take half a year off to travel the entire USA, because it's so big. 2 weeks to visit the USA isn't enough. You'll barely be able to get a single state in 2 weeks. Try a smaller metro that's relatively closeby. The Seattle-Puget Sound area is perfect for you.

You'll waste at least 3 days alone just being in the sky if you want to take a 2 week vacation to travel the USA.

Source(s): USA resident for 25 years.
  • 9 years ago

There's no way you can do all that in 2 weeks. You need more than 2 weeks to really get to have a feel for these places.

• 9 years ago

I think 2 weeks will be rushed if you visit all these places.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.