Careers in Immigration.?

I really want to work in the immigration field, but I'm not sure what careers are out there for Immigration. Everytime I look something up its always law school for immigration but I don't want to be a lawyer. I want to know what careers are there & how much schooling you have to do?

• e_cool
    Best Answer

Careers in Immigration are as followed:

Education requirements may vary depending on location. Immigration requires at least high school but the more education, the more opportunities in that field.

Special Agent

Criminal investigators, or Special Agents, are one of four careers are available as an ICE officer. According to the ICE.gov web site, special agents "are involved in challenging criminal and civil investigations involving national security threats, terrorism, drug smuggling, child exploitation, human trafficking, illegal arms export, financial crimes, commercial fraud and more."

Deportation Officer

Deportation Officers (DOs) perform a multitude of tasks that assist "to identify, locate and arrest aliens and are responsible for ensuring the physical removal of aliens from the United States,". according th the ICE.gov web site. Further, a DO compiles data to build cases against illegal immigrants and try them in court. A DO often performs surveillance, investigations, and other necessary duties to build a case.

Detention Officer

A Detention and Deportation Officer (DDO) detains illegal immigrants until approval for deportation is secured. The DDO then removes those immigrants from the country.

Immigration Enforcement Agent

Immigration Enforcement Agents (IEA) patrol the borders to apprehend illegal immigrants and criminals. Specific jobs that fall under this position falls include customs agents, border patrol and drug enforcement agents.

Go on your regional school and verify out the techniques to be had. A Junior College has certificates publications which you'll whole in a single 12 months within the Public Safety Field. The price could be low-priced and the schedules will as a rule enable you to paintings. Don't do just a direction, do the whole certificates software or get a school Associate or Bachelors measure. At 20 the sector is yours, opt for it! Good Luck.