Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

Is it just me, or is it impossible to make Jiffy Pop without burning it?

Favorite Answer

I figured it out a long time ago. You have to reduce the heat right when the foil starts to almost get tight. At this point you need to shift the pan on and off of the burner to insure even heat and this way it shouldn't burn, keep the pan moving fast with a swirling push-pull motion.

That should do'er

Source(s): A lover of popcorn and puppies.

You of all people should know how versatile it is. Like the time that mean hooker told you you were too small. So you got drunk, then insisted on tying the pan to your nether region. Then waving it around in the fireplace, yelling you wanted balls of corn. Or the time you had me coat you in butter and paddle you with the pans. (has sudden craving for Tim's Jiffy Pop)

haha, that's my story too! are you talking about the kind that comes in a foil container

with a wire handle and you are supposed to hold it over the stove or the fire,

well, they burned for me every time I tried it. such a disappointment.

I gave up. no more jiffy pop for me.

It's just you! Jiffy Pop doesn't burn any more often than any other brand. Pay attention when you're popping it and it won't burn.

Is this the kind you pop on the stove? If it is, make sure you are constantly moving it around and shaking it. If it's the microwave kind, maybe your temp is too high. When you first hear it not popping, take it out.

Good Luck!

• It's just you.