jeliiii asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 8 years ago

How to write a blank verse poem?

I need to write a poem for my English class and i have no clue how to do it. Anyone a good poet? please help me it needs to be a blank verse poem. 5 beats per line, iambic pentameter

AABA

BBCB

CCDC

DDDD

please help it can be about anything as long as its school appropriate. Thanks.

• Dinesh
    Favorite Answer

Blank verse is something that doesn't rhyme, but is still in rhythm (meter). I don't understand why your teacher has given you rhyme schemes, when a Blank verse doesn't need to rhyme at all!

• baccus

Sorry for taking goodbye. Here is what I have: War - A traumatizing celebration in which lifestyles is at stake and no regulations are enforced. Bloodthirsty creatures prowl upon each and every different, looking, searching to kill in anyway indispensable. Alert mode is each waking moment. A mismanaged blink of an eye fixed is all it takes for lifestyles's expiration date to procedure and maybe come to be a fact. Triumph for the predator outcome in demise for the prey. It is survival of probably the most ferocious, vicious, and savage. The blameless are victimized in occasions reminiscent of those. The unafraid make the most the cowardly for the perfect sacrifice of all, demise. Blood loss, indifferent frame components, mass graves, shattered bones, cries, screams, fallen infantrymen, and demise tolls are normal topics on this suggestion. A phenomenon so terrifying that few dare to take part. Do you've the force to mention the ones 3 magic phrases? I claim battle.