what is the best nail polish that won't chip?

does anyone know of a nail polish that doesn't chip? I have tried different ones, but it seems after only a couple days it starts to chip off. Someone told me to do top and inside of nail,and I even bought a top coat to use that isn't supposed to chip. After a day of 2, my polish seems to peel off. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you for your answer about getting a manicure. I do know that is the best, but I cannot afford this all the time. I was hoping to find a nail polish that I could buy.

Favorite Answer

I like nail stickers by sally hanson they last a good couple of weeks an easy to apply.

But i like sally hanson extreme colours and OPI with a thin layer or clear coat (:

Source(s): Myself

I've had this same problem. Making sure you have a base coat and a nice topcoat helps. OPI lasts a little longer for me than other brands I've tried, particularly anything with glitter. I've heard really great things about Zoya. That's the top of my to try list.

The gel manicures last the longest which someone mentioned already. What you may not know is that while shellac is only available to salons gellish is available to anyone. You can get everything you need from Sally's beauty supply to do a gel manicure at home. It's a bit of an investment (although not as much as you may think) but if you paint your nails a lot it really is worth it.

I usually just do a gel manicure with the clear topcoat. It's really easy and dries really fast. Then I'll put my regular polish on top. It dries faster on top of the gel and it lasts MUCH longer. If you use the non acetone remover for artificial nails you can take the normal polish off without damaging the gel.

The one downside of the gel is that if you wear it a lot the acetone required to get it off will damage your nails. For me a gel manicure will last about 2 weeks. If I wait at least a week before putting it on again that usually keeps my nails in good shape.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

does anyone know of a nail polish that doesn't chip? I have tried different ones, but it seems after only a couple days it starts to chip off. Someone told me to do top and inside of nail,and I even bought a top coat to use that isn't supposed to chip. After a day of 2, my polish seems to...

Source(s): nail polish won 39 chip: https://tr.im/5UyHX

Zoya doesn't chip easily and is a really good brand.

You should invest in a really good top coat and then it won't really matter what brand of polish you use.

Essie No Chips Ahead and China Glaze Fast Forward top coats are really strong, good top coats that won't chip for awhile.

OPI, China Glaze, Essie. All of them are pretty good brands but you should try finding a better top coat because I also use cheaper brands but with a good top coat I can go a week with no chipping.

• shelly

they all chip all the brands will chip in like 2 weeks even with a top coat on if you do not have the fake nails one the fake nails and maincures are kind of pricey but they do last for like 3 weeks to 4 weeks witch your normal nails do not. try and put on like 3 top coast the one at sallys beauty supply is great.

i love opi and essie and sinful colors in the drug stores.

OPI and Essie are my favourite. I usually do at least 2 coats of the color and then apply sally hansen's top coat it claims to be chip free for 10days and it usually is!

Go get a Shellac mani pedi. The color lasts for up to two weeks before chipping.