If Chris Benoit were truly obssesed with being the greatest Pro Wrestler, why won't he focus on World Titles?

Note : Sorry I decide to ask for another question, but I promise this one will be my last until don't know when, but at least 1 week off asking question. Question : I'm so confused on this one. Chris Benoit has always wanted to become the greatest Pro Wrestler ever. And if that's the case why... show more Note : Sorry I decide to ask for another question, but I promise this one will be my last until don't know when, but at least 1 week off asking question.

Question :
I'm so confused on this one. Chris Benoit has always wanted to become the greatest Pro Wrestler ever. And if that's the case why won't he obssesed with World Title reigns??? Wrestlers such as Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels (before his return in 2002) also did want to be the best Pro Wrestler, that's why they always abused their backstage power and asked for World Title reigns and being in the spotlight.

But, instead Chris Benoit focused on his performance in the ring, being the best performer by having 5 star matches. He also never refused to hog the spotlight and never refused to job/lose.

So, why is it? Isn't it strange that he never focuses on World Titles, spotlight, and refusing to job, instead focuses on performance in the ring to be the greatest Pro Wrestler?

BQ : Egomaniacs are those who always want to hog the spotlight, refuses to job when asked, and always want World Title reigns.

Who do you think is the biggest egomaniac out of those three : Hulk Hogan, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels (before 2002)? Arrange from the most and also the reason.

BQ2 : Also is Bret Hart another egomaniac who did the same thing as those three?
Update: Edit : For those who doesn't understand my question, I mean why won't Benoit did the same thing as those egomaniacs and be another egomaniac and abuse his power to ask for World Titles and spotlight/refuse to job instead of focusing on his performance to be the best Pro Wrestler?
Update 2: Edit : For those who answers because he isn't selfish. I know he isn't selfish, but for a wrestler who's really obssesed to be the best Pro Wrestler as Benoit, it's kinda of strange that he isn't selfish to be an egomaniac.