is it illegal for a brother and sister to share the same bed?

my neice and nephew live in a two bedroom trailer with their parents. they are only one year apart in age boy-6 girl-5. they have shared the same room for almost their whole lives. they used to have bunk beds but my nephew would get scared and climb down and get in bed with his sister. so eventually they just got rid of the bunk bed and just let them sleep in the same bed. my mom told them that this is wrong and child services can take them away because of this. personally i don't see anything wrong with is since they are so young. I was just wondering if they can get in trouble or if there's and age limit or anything. they do plan on buying a new 3 bedroom soon but as of now don't have the means. we live in nevada.

i dont see anything wrong with it either, the law says its okay if both childern are under 5 years old, but since he is 6 they could get in trouble for it. Unless somebody informs child protective services of the situation, nothing will happen, and if someone does, and your family explains there situation everything will be okay, they dont take childern away for small reasons, but they will make sure she gets them seperated if they become aware of the situation. If someone does get involved they will question the childern at school if there parents hit them or if they smoke or drink or swear, just to make sure nothing else is going on. if there is several things in a household that violate the law, the child protective services will take imediate action and come to your home, but that doesnt mean they will take your kids away on the spot. If the childern are taken away they become incare of the state. Its a long process to get things back to normal afterwards. But it doesnt seem like your situation will be a problem. (:

If its young children (1-9/10) its fine to share the same bed but if its over the age of 10 it is illegal to share the same bed as your don't know whats going to happen

Um No... It is not illegal.... My little brother used to get scared and climb into my bed and we are 7 years apart... even as adults, hes 18 and im 25 if we go on vacation with my parents and can only afford to get one bedroom, he and I will share a bed... its not weird hes my brother. Thats the problem with society... they are so jaded they turn everything into something sick.

It's not illegal, although it could be considered suspicious and it's probably not something a jury would ever approve of. Right now, it sounds like it's perfectly fine, but at some point they have to get their own beds.

It's definately not illegal, and their mom shouldn't be trying to scare them like that. However, as they grow up, they will need their own spaces to become independant. A new house with seperate bedrooms will be perfect for them.

• Omar

At the age of 10 or older it is illegal

-Hope i helped!!!

if its young age its fine but not if they like 10+

I would just call child protective services and ask them. You don't have to give them your name. There is good reason not to let girls and boys sleep together. Children have a curiosity about sex. You don't want them to experiment.

Yes duhh

Nope, it's completely fine.