Is it forbidden to use command prompt in the work place?

I got in quite a lot of trouble at school today for using command prompt, and was told that if I was working and used command prompt at the office or something, you'd be fired immediately. Not even creating users or going on blocked websites or anything of the sort, simply opening it and typing DIR in a few... show more I got in quite a lot of trouble at school today for using command prompt, and was told that if I was working and used command prompt at the office or something, you'd be fired immediately.
Not even creating users or going on blocked websites or anything of the sort, simply opening it and typing DIR in a few times, or something else harmless.
Is this true or not?
Update: I don't know if this makes a difference but command is not accessible via the menu, you have to make a .bat file etc.
Also, a side-question, is it possible to give yourself privileges you don't normally have using command prompt, such as accessing hidden folders, because that's what was suggested?