can i sue or end my apt lease if my landlord or management didnt inform us on 3 deaths in our apt?

I have lived in an apt complex for about 2 months and felt a very high presence always with me my dog also barks at things for no reason I'm pregnant and not only always alone while ny finance works but I hear noises all throughout the day which scares the crap out of me . Recently a neighbor mentioned to us that 3 deaths have taken place in the apt we live in. When we moved in no one informed us on this . We are aware one was within the past year and was drug over dose the other took place wheb the complex was bank owned . We want to end out lease ot switch apartments if they try to deny us or hold some reason that we can't do this what can we do ? A friend who was a management of apartments told us this can break our lease is this true. Please help.

Favorite Answer

I do not know of any states that require a renter to informed of a death. Some states require deaths in the last 3 years to be disclosed to BUYERS. Not because of spooks, but because of reputation.

It sounds like you need to talk to your OB, you are having hormone issues.

Sorry, but this situation is not any form of reason to terminate a lease legally without penalties. Only California has a few rules about disclosure of deaths in living premises. Unless you live in CA, there is no requirement that such deaths or incidents be disclosed. Your friend may very well be wrong.

Last time you were in an ambulance, did you realize someone died in there too? How about when spending the night in a hospital? People die everyday, somewhere. In apartments, houses, nursing homes, schools, churches, taxis, airplanes.....

What proof will you have with the next apartment that someone didn't die there 10 years earlier? Yes, they can deny you.

If you are in California and you are purchasing the property (not renting) the prior owner is required to disclose any deaths within 3 years.

- no other state has a similar law.

• E&L

It truly would depend on the circumstances of the deaths themselves. If you live in a high crime area and it was a random drive-by, they may be obligated. If it was a family squabble which ended in the crime, then you and your family are not at any risk.

I'll save you alot of trouble....NO...not a chance. If you think you "feel a presence"---grow up, stop watching TV shows about ghosts and seek psychiatric help.

• Pat

ohjesuscristallfukinmitey.

GROW THE FRUKK UP.

Oh lord have mercy. I'd just pack and leave if I were you.

Yes you can