SSD (Solid State Hard drive)?

I want to get a ssd hard drive, just for booting my computer, how many gigabytes should i get, im not rich either.

Favorite Answer

Depends on the operating system you plan to use. WIndows 7 system folder can take around 20Gb, you can cut it to 12Gb if you drop a lot of stuff from it. This will grow overtime as you install stuff (you would be surprised to see what kind of junk gets put into the windows directories over time), add drivers, etc. Also windows will want a swap file on the disk which is the size of the ram you have. If you plan to use the "hibernate" function to do fast resumes of your system this also adds a file the size of your system ram. To be safe a 64Gb SSD should run you without issues. When you shop for one check the transfer rates (both read and write), and all other specs. A lot of the cheap SSDs are actually about the same or slightly slower speed than a HDD, albeit cooler and lower power useage.

60-64GB.

You should get Samsung 830.

The fastest 64GB SSD there is.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

WIndows takes about 10gb , then you will need some space for programs. I purchased a 64gb for cheap and love it.

Source(s): www.laptoprepairlasvegas.net