promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Ben
Lv 7
Ben asked in SportsBasketball · 8 years ago

Did they change the shot clock rule in the NBA recently?

I just heard the announcer say that if you hit just the backboard but not the rim, the clock resets. Is that right?

Update:

@Team Player, that hilarious. It was Ralph Lawler that just said this in the clipper game also.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Troy
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"Oh me oh my." LOL. Michael Smith, the guy who does the broadcasts with Ralph Lawler said earlier this season that a 7 point game was a 2 possession game. They're complete morons. I occasionally watch the Clippers on tv, but I mute it because I can't stand the idiotic comments they make anymore. Then again, I mute Laker games too because their new announcer, Bill Macdonald, is as much of a moron as Lawler and Smith.

Edit: To answer your question, no, they didn't change the rule.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Btmboo
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

No in the clipper game lawler said back then if it hit the backboard it was good enough to reset that shot clock not anymore

• 8 years ago

No, not true.

Announcers say dumb sh*t all the time.

Example; I remember Chris Paul defelcted a pass to a teammate and the announcer says "Chris Paul with another steal". The thing is, they don't count deflections as steals, the player who actually gets possession of the ball is credited with the steal, not the player who defelcted the ball.

• 8 years ago

still need to hit the rim to reset the shot clock.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

thats false

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.