Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

HELP PLEASE, my hair is a disaster.?

I bleached my hair and it came out different colors then I dyed it bright red now it looks like a target with random black brown strips. ): Ugh I have no idea what to do? Should I just dye it all black? Please help.

5 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Google: Warning-- Clairol Natural Instincts dye recall. It's possible your box of dye came with a different color in the box.

    Call the 1-800# found on the box of dye or email them, (to find #, go online & search the brand if you don't have the box) they're the hair color experts they can advice you best.

    Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

    Example: "My hair is right about armpit length as it is, but I've severely damaged it by bleaching it all at once. As a student of cosmetology myself, I would have to say that it was probably one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made."

    Another example: ok i did my hair yesterday i DIDN'T bleach it ,but im not sure what its called but she took the color out of my hair and then dies it a blond color and my head was on fire it killed me so after that i hated my hair color so i colored it my self a darker color, it looked so ugly and it burned me again it rully hrt so after i washed it my mom checked it for me and found small spots of blood all over my top scalp like over 20 of em now im scared and don't know why its there is it from the color am i sick and something is wrong ??

    Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

    Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

    The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

    The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

    PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time.

    Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. 11-22-11. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND.

    Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

    Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

    When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

    Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

    One example: MY HAIR DRESSER DYED MY HAIR GREY. I've been crying for the last 2 hours, I want to kill that bish for destroying what was amazing bleach blonde hair. AND to make things worse, she cut my extensions WAY too short.


    Google & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.

    Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

    My advice would be no to the black...once you've done it, it is nigh on impossible to shift or change colour without entirely growing it out.

    There is literally nothing you will do yourself that is going to improve your situation. Find yourself a reputable hairdresser, one who specialises in colour correction, who should get you to go to the salon for a free consultation, take a look at your hair and offer you the best advice possible. Bare in mind that this will cost you some money in the short term but may be better than a quick fix five quid box of black dye that you could end up regretting for a long time. Hope this helps, good luck :)

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

    IT'LL BE OKAY!! But...If you die your hair now after the bleach and everything, it still won't come out even because bleached hair can't absorb color. You need a filler to go darker. Professionals have a hard time reaching a nice blonde, so it's definitely next to impossible for someone who has no experience with color. Can you go to a colorist and get it fixed? If it's a question of money, you should find out where there is a beauty school and have it fixed by a student under the supervision of the teachers. They're very inexpensive and for the most part...pretty good. All beauty schools have a salon in their school for the students to learn in...and times for patrons to come in to pay for services. Good luck.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

    Bleach again, but this time do it twice. If you can handle it. It will damage your hair but it will work. Bleaching twice always ensures a more uniform colour than just once. Then dye it or tone it. Go to sally beauty and get help you will get the best deals there and more product for your money. OR go to a professional, this will be expensive but if your hair cant handle more damage this is the way to go. Hope this helps, good luck! If you don't panic it will turn out gorgeous in the end. Make sure you deep condition and put lots of serum in your hair to help restore its shine and softness.

    Source(s): Personal experience
    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

    Go to a professional. That's the best thing you could do.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.