Is this herpes or not?

I was diagnosed with type 1 genital herpes about 6 months ago. My girl parts haven't felt the same since then. I have on and off pains and sometimes irritation that I can't explain but nothing that seems like a full blown outbreak. And for anyone who has experience with this, I think its relate-able how... show more I was diagnosed with type 1 genital herpes about 6 months ago. My girl parts haven't felt the same since then. I have on and off pains and sometimes irritation that I can't explain but nothing that seems like a full blown outbreak. And for anyone who has experience with this, I think its relate-able how confusing it can be. Anyway, I had a small what I think was an outbreak on my butt, which at first I thought was just a zit, but then it came along with other more obvious symptoms. So I loaded up on the acyclovir and it cleared right up, and then as soon as I stopped taking it again I shaved and got another kind of sore bump just little I can feel it when I press down but cant see it on my I guess what you would call close to your taint area, but on the skin of the peaches, not on the soft membrane area, so I repeated taking the meds. I called the doc to ask if it was ok to take it for a few weeks since after two it hadn't gone away, and he said up to thirty days at the high dose should knock it out. Well its been a month, the bump is still there, and it hasn't changed. I figure if I have grown an immunity to the meds that it would have blistered or scabbed or something by now, but nope, just a bump still. I have no other current symptoms of an outbreak. So for anyone who knows, please help me out. Is this an outbreak or an ingrown hair? Thanks. Also I take silicea and lysine daily.
2 answers 2