Are there any Osteopathic Physicians (DO) in Pierce county washington that accept medicare/medicaid?

I need some manual manipulation. Please list them and do nto just say, yes. I could not find any searching.

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Our database shows that there are more than 80 DOs either in or near Pierce county. It is likely that many of them accept Medicare and Medicaid patients. Visit to search for names and contact information for DOs practicing in your area. The Find a DO search mechanism lets you base your search on a number of factors, such as city, zip code, and medical specialty. It sounds like you are aware of the type of care that DOs offer but it is worth noting that they are fully licensed physicians who may prescribe medication, perform surgery and practice in any of the medical specialty areas, such as family medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics, gynecology, psychiatry, neurology, and radiology, to name a few. They receive extra training in the musculoskeletal structure and are taught to use a hands-on approach known as osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) to diagnose, treat and prevent illness or injury. OMT is often used to treat muscle pain but it can also help patients with a number of other health problems, such as asthma, sinus disorders, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines and menstrual pain. It is one of the many tools DOs may use when treating patients.

  • Flower
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    Only M.D.s take Medicare or Medicaid. Some Medicare Advantage plans may have an outside chiropractic as a benefit, you have to check if you are in Advantage Medicare. Otherwise, they are not a contracted provider with Medicare and definitely not Medicaid. Medicaid barely can afford a physician. Possibly in your state Medicaid will cover chiropractic. You have to call them.

  • KitKat
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    get a list of providers for your policy and call the ones listed to see if they will accept new patients.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.