Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 8 years ago

Fiscal republicans, why give tax cuts to the rich?

Even if you think that the rich shouldn't pay more taxes than the average income people, why not the same amount of tax for everyone (just hypothetically). Why do you personally think the rich should pay less taxes?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • J
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Same taxes for everyone is still incredibly unfair.

Imagine a person that makes 10$ a month v. a person that makes 10,000$ a month.

If they're both paying 10% taxes.

that leaves the first person with 9$ to live off of the rest the month.

While the other guy has 9,000 to live off.

Sure the second guy is paying and incredibly larger amount. But that first guy makes so little that the idea that we should take the same amount from him as the other is criminal.

That Christians are the ones who expound that kind of ideology is nothing less than shameful.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

I have never heard of any one who advocates the rich paying less taxes than the average person on regular income. The reason that some people claim to pay a lower percentage of income tax is that there are two types of income - regular income from work and investment income. This difference applies to everyone.

There are two reasons given for why investment income should be taxed at a lower rate. The first is that this money has been invested directly into businesses that can be used to spur the economy. The second argument is that the money used to invest has already been taxed once when it was regular income and should not be taxed a second time at the same rate.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Tax cuts for everyone. You guys only seem to focus on the "rich" though. Lol I guess rich people don't have the right to keep their own money anymore.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I would rather give them to the middle class and I am very conservative, fiscally.

Ideally, tax cuts for everyone.

Source(s): I am your average American, politically. Fiscally conservative and socially liberal.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • shahid
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

WTF is inaccurate with Republicans giving tax cuts to the wealthy? nicely, seeing as how the wealthy pay maximum people of taxes payed in, who might you supply the tax breaks to? Oh wait, you will possibly supply those tax cuts to the backside 50% who pay no longer something in taxes, suited? You do comprehend that in case you pay no longer something in yet get money returned, it truly is a welfare examine? you're taking further and added money away type the undesirable and only giving it to the wealthy. Wait a 2nd. How is money being taken far flung from the undesirable while the wealthy are given tax cuts? See, it became into the wealthy persons money at the start, no longer the undesirable guy or woman's. while the mogul is given a tax shrink, they are only being allowed to maintain extra of what became into theirs interior the 1st place. The undesirable guy or woman by no ability had a suited to that mogul's money, for this reason no longer something is being taken far flung from them. the secret is they have been receiving government handouts for see you later, that they now experience entitled to them. nicely, wager what? circumstances are a changing. we don't have the money to foot the bill for those style of entitlements and that doesn't replace in case you taxed the wealthy at one hundred%. on a similar time as your reducing training and classes that are doing away with the destiny from nay individuals that are decrease of center type Why is the liberal answer to throw money at any venture. are you able to describe to me why MANY different worldwide places international extensive spend much less money on training than we individuals, yet their babies immediately score greater in training comments? does not this allow you to understand something? does not it component out that perhaps the venture is cultural and not loss of investment? I have been given information for you, it is not proper how plenty money you throw at this venture, it shouldn't get to any extent further powerful until mom and father start up doing a extra powerful activity at living house. possibly mom and father will start up doing a extra powerful activity at living house, while they comprehend only how important it truly is to be in my opinion responsible yet which will by no ability take place as long as they are allowed to matter on government handouts. your giving the people who do no longer desire it billions in tax cuts. Who granted you the ethical authority to be certain what somebody else desires or does not desire?

• NONAME
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

personally I think the tax rate for everyone should be 0%. It would be possible if we didn't police the world and have an entitlement society

Source(s): Ron Paul 2012!
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's not being considered....you do know the rich pay a higher % because of the progressive tax code,,,,,right?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.