Christmas Carol Questions! Help Please!?
2. Scrooge asks about Tiny Tim in Stave 3. How does the Spirit of Christmas Present respond to Scrooge?
3. What happened to the Spirit of Christmas Past by the end of the night? Why?
4. What does the Spirit say about Ignorance and Want? What does that teach Scrooge?
5. There are at least three clues that lead us to believe that Scrooge is the dead businessman shown to him by the Ghost of Christmas Future. What are these clues? Why doesn't Scrooge see that these clues refer to him?
6. At the end of Stave 4, Scrooge pleads for a sign that he might change the future. The Ghost not speak, but does give him a sign - what is it and what does it mean?
7. By the time we get to Stave 4, Scrooge has already changed - how did the experiences of the Ghosts of Christmas past and present change him? How did the events of Stave 4 affect Scrooge?
8. What is the purpose of the last Stave?
9. What is the theme of A Christmas Carol? What lesson does Dickens want us to learn?