What does Spybot Search and Destroy detect?
- 9 years agoFavorite Answer
Spybot will search for, detect and eliminate common spyware and viruses. If used manually (no automatic, always running spybot "protection") it makes for a great combination together with an antivirus running. It might even detect unwanted programs that the AV misses.
- Anonymous9 years ago
Don't run two anti viruses at the same time.
Just stick with good maintenance and stick with one decent anti virus program.
Maintaining your computer
1. Left click on C drive> properties/run windows disc cleaner
2. Download Ccleaner from here: http://www.filehippo.com/
3. Install Ccleaner and run the cleaner top left, then run the registry cleaner below it on the left. you don’t need to backup the registry
4. Left click on C drive> properties>Tools> check now/disc scanner or in the case of Vista it’s called something else > tick both boxes > start, Prompt the scanner to scan upon next reboot and REBOOT COMPUTER)
#(Prepare to wait up to an hour)#
5. After Disk scan/Disk check has finished run windows Disc Cleaner again, Ccleaner again and registry cleaner again.
6. Then you must do a DEFRAGMENTAION of C drive which is START>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>TOOLS>DEFRAGMENTATI…
Free Microsoft Essentials Anti-virus http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse....
- Anonymous4 years ago
That'd be the only selection i will think of of, reformatting Your no longer ordinary force. an epidemic that deletes anti-virus application makes it very no longer ordinary to do away with. in the journey that your virus has a rootkit, reformatting would particularly be your purely selection, because of the fact the concepts-set of surely removing a rootkit would no longer be properly well worth the difficulty. yet whilst and once you do do a reformat, you would be able to additionally desire to get the two Kaspersky Anti-virus or Processguard (I desire Processguard, in spite of the undeniable fact that it is not for each individual). something would be unfastened, yet You get what You pay for.