how safe is Puerto Vallarta?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Puerto Vallarta is by far my favorite place in Mexico. It it beautiful, people are friendly, and I have never had a bad experience there. I am a frequent traveler to Mexico and have spent well over 8 months in Puerto Vallarta, a few times were just a week or two at a time but I once spent a full 6 months there. I lived in a small mexican neighborhood, shopped, ate, and did what the locals do. I am clearly white and never had a problem. I recommend Vallarta as #1 in my Book for Mexico, Cancun, Mazatlan, Cabo, they don't even compare.

Very safe. Safer than pretty much any city in the U.S.

Media reports of constant violence don't tell you that most of the country abhors violence and is quite safe. Over half the murders committed in all of Mexico occur in just one single border city ---- Cuidad Juarez.

Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful place with warm weather and warmer people. You'll love it!!!

Mexico is NOT safe right now, I do not suggest you travel to PV.

I have been years ago but I would never dare to go with all the random killings taking place.

we have been going there for the past 20 years. brought our daughter nad friend when they were 6. it is so safe and the people are very thankful for americans.

• ?

its safe enough, shure there are robberies and drug dealing and stuff like that but only in really poor zones of the city, you can go downtown,beaches and crowded places of the city without worring ;)

Source(s): im not from puerto vallarta but i know what its like there