ivorykeys asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

Dying my hair red, dye eyebrows too?

I dye my hair red (think Ariel the mermaid or Hayley Williams), and I have always left my eyebrows my natural dark brown because I have heard it is dangerous to dye your eyebrows. Doing more research, I found out that only permanent dyes are dangerous. I use Splat haircolour, which is a temporary dye.

Is it safe for me to dye my eyebrows to a dark red with this haircolour?

• Tom K
    Favorite Answer

One does have to be very careful when dying eyebrows. That said, dying your eyebrows the same shade of red as your hair is apt to create an unnatural look. Natural redheads are often inclined to have eyebrows that are somewhat darker and browner than the red hair on their heads.

• stout

Red Eyebrow Dye

I have the EXACT SAME LOOK! My hair is bright red and my eyebrows are dark brown. If you must dye them than don't leave the dye in for more than 5 minutes or it will damage them. But as long as your cautious you shouldn't have a problem! But to tell you the truth brown eyebrows with red hair looks better than red eyebrows with red hair!

Okay the best answer to this question guy; I just wanna say you're wrong. I'm a natural redhead and so is my sister and we have blonde eyebrows. I'm also dying my hair Crimson obsession with splat and it's gonna be so difficult to fill in my eyebrows everyday because right now they're blonde and I don't do anything to them. I think I'm gonna fill them in with dark. Brown

i agree with everyone! i know you probably want to dye your brows because they dont seem to match you hair color.. because it has happened to me but have u dyed ur hair recently that color? because you will get used to it.. if thats the why trust me.. anyways most redheads dont have color brows that match their hair ... and if your hair is that bright red like ariana grande's if you look at her her eyebrows are def not red.. and i think it looks absolutely fine and beautiful... now that being said maybe google some pictures with people with red brows.. maybe you wont really like it after all? but who knows ?

good luck with w/e u decide to do xo!

the red isn't going to work on the dark brown. you would need to bleach. and im referring to both hair and eyebrows.

Definitely keep them brown! It will look strange if you have red eye brows. It would be much more complimenting to your appearance with your natural eye brows.

The reason why is everyone with blond, why cannot you just have jet black curly hair with some blonde or blonde hair with some jet black hair. Today you don't have to choose.

dont color them...that hair color is sooo messy and you will end up with your face stained red for a long time...and besides that it will look better with just keeping them your natural color....but like i said be careful with that color...dont let it touch your scalp if possible...i havent found a red that is as vibrant as that and i came across it accidentally (i dont back box color normally but i do like that)

Source(s): im a cosmetologist

you should most definately keep them brown! it looks so much better then red brows and red hair...