How much will it really cost consumers to use more "alternative" "green" "renawable" energy?

I live in Maine, and the govment is squabbling over whether to make renewable energy a larger part of the states portfolio of energy sources. Our "governor" Lepage and his cronies want to protect us against higher costs, the other side insist that it will save us money. Neither side will come out and... show more I live in Maine, and the govment is squabbling over whether to make renewable energy a larger part of the states portfolio of energy sources. Our "governor" Lepage and his cronies want to protect us against higher costs, the other side insist that it will save us money. Neither side will come out and give numbers supporting the arguement, I havent even seen any fake off the wall numbers in the so called newspapers like the bangor daily news.
I want to know two things, one is how much will this actually cost or save me, and two why dont they report on these things and tell me. If they mandate 10% more wind and it will cost the average consumer 5 bucks a month for the first year, and then save 2 dollars a month for the rest of time, then why dont they tell me that. Or why doesnt lepage come and say that it will cost everyone in maine 100 dollars a kilowatt hour forever. Why dont the papers actually follow up on things like these?
Update: ps. Id also like to know if there is a better category to put this into
Update 2: ha, ive seen wind turbines out west, and eyesore isnt my opinion of them, the cell phone towers they have on every hill top in maine on the other hand.....
Update 3: bb., saying things like that is what Im talking about, for one thing the "back up" arguement is only if there is bad planning and a serious problem with lack of capacity, and you still dont give any actual numbers about expense. We stop subsidizing gas prices to the tune of 5-10 bucks a gallon, it would... show more bb., saying things like that is what Im talking about, for one thing the "back up" arguement is only if there is bad planning and a serious problem with lack of capacity, and you still dont give any actual numbers about expense. We stop subsidizing gas prices to the tune of 5-10 bucks a gallon, it would be expensive too.