I can't remember the name of a Sci-Fi movie?

I watched a Sci-Fi film a few years ago about two spaceships sent on a mission. One of the spaceships was for some reason delayed in time and appeared at it's destination 10/20 years later than it should have. The other ship arrived on time/safely and was eventually upgraded, figured out what had happened then returned to the arrival point to meet the other ship when it would reappear. The story focuses on the arrival of the missing ships crew discovering the waiting ship upgraded and abandoned.

If I recall correctly the CGI was quite good, though none of the actors names jump out at me. I think the film is newer than 1990.

I have been crawling forums for two days trying to locate the film so any help would be exceedingly grateful!

Hi all, sorry, I should have mentioned, I'm 99% confident I'm not thinking of 2010, Event Horizon or Lost In Space. It's a different film entirely. One key scene I remember is where the crew introduce the viewer to their robot assistants (basic machines), and that they prove the ship they arrive next to is from the future by showing the upgraded versions/counterparts of their own assistants. To clarify that's pretty much the entire role of those robots, I don't think they factor in anywhere else.

If it helps I also vaguely remember that there's a long/ large tunnel connecting two parts of the ship. I think it's from the same film. It's all glass and just simply vast.

As I say I've been banging my head against the wall for two days now and am still unable to identify it! (It's definitely a film, I think I've seen it twice on TV).

Favorite Answer

Oh I remember this story hmm yeah I remember looking for sci-fi movies a few days ago and a movie just like this popped up hmm.. oh is it event horizon??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_Horizon_(film)

Sounds a little bit like "The Black Hole" but that came out earlier than 1990 and had no CGI.

Your description confuses me.

Ship A is 10/20 years late.

Ship B is on time, completes the mission, leaves, is upgraded, returns to rendevous point THEN IS ABANDONED?

So the film is essentially about the crew of Ship A?

That sounds like the movie Lost in Space.

"Unfortunately, without a hypergate to warp to, the ship and its crew end up in a random (and apparently uncharted) part of the galaxy. They then go through a "hole in space" and presumably go to the future. Soon afterwards, they encounter the Proteus, an Earth ship from the future which has been infested with carnivorous and cannibalistic silicon-based spider-like lifeforms."

Event Horizon.