Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Shingles that blew off roof .?

We had a wind storm which caused alot of shingles to come off. A ny idea if insurance would pay for this .Thanks

• KMA
    Favorite Answer

Call your agent and ask.

Depending on circumstances you may get an entire roof for the cost of you deductible. Or not.

This is when you find if the insurance you have is any good. If the don't treat you well. CANCEL THEM and take your business elsewhere!

Contrary to popular belief insurance company's don't drop you JUST for filling a claim*.

* A good friend of mine is in the insurance business and assures me that is not the case.

In my life I have filed claims with State Farm, Progressive, Towerhill, USAA, and Allstate. None of them gave me any trouble or canceled me, my Mother or brother. Nor did our rates suddenly skyrocket.

Source(s): Personal experience

I had Shingles for the first time a few weeks ago. I am normally in good health and haven't had any other health challenges before, so it came as a surprise.

Shingles is probably the most painful thing I have ever encountered. I went to the doctor, and he gave me some prescription drugs to take that was suposed to help, but didn't.

My wife found the Fast Shingles Cure ebook online and bought it for me, I am very lucky to have such a wonderful woman in my life. We followed the book, did what it said, and it delivered what it promised. Finally my Shingles rash is over... I feel truly blessed and thankful.

The #1 Shingles Treatment Method Available

• Fire Policy insurance will pay a prorated cost to replace shingles, unless they've already paid a roof claim and you didn't use the money to replace roof. A "Deluxe" policy might pay the entire (not prorated) cost, subject to the same rule about having paid before and roof not replaced. Call your agent.

Source(s): Long time custom homebuilder

Yes insurance will cover it although if it is not too many shingles it mite be cheaper to hire someone to just replace them. Depends really .on how much your deductible is

Most insurance company's will gladly take your money, but if you dare file a claim they will drop you faster than a cat can lick its behind. If you file this claim, be prepared for a rate increase. I live in Louisiana where hurricanes come rolling through very frequently. We get up off our *** and do what needs to be done and screw the thieves in the insurance business!

Reputable insurance companies will cover wind damage minus the deductible.

They should, depends on your policy.

most likely.call them