Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

If Christians have a "holier than thou" attitude, do atheists have a "more logical than thou" attitude?

*Some*. Not all. (Before someone freaks out)

@Christian Skeptic: I'm not Christian or atheist. This question was not meant to attack any one group. I'm simply pointing out that while some Christians play the "Well, I'm more godly than you" card, some atheists play the "Well, I'm smarter than you" card. Both are immature and prove nothing. Sort of how your proving how smart you are by being a smartass proves nothing.

@Jules: No, I used to be a devout Christian. I know for a fact that some Christians think they are more godly than everyone else. I can tolerate Christians who will explain their side in a decent manner, but I'd rather not deal with arrogance.

Best Answer

Some of them, definitely.

• Kim

I do not think Christian's act like they are holier than other people, I think it is just the way it is received, especially when it comes to quoting God's Word. What you do not realize, is unless you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you are going to continue to perceive the Gospel and Christians in a carnal mind, in a natural way, instead of in a spiritual way. This is really something that can not be explained but experienced. So what you may consider better than us attitude, may just be the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Remember God is Love, and his followers are to be walking in love as well.

• ?

i don't experience that I actual have a "holier-than-thou" ideas-set because of the fact i'm not one to believe that one person is nearly holy than yet another. As an atheist, I actual have very stable comments on the damaging consequence of religion on public lifestyles. I debate matters on the boards. I actual have under no circumstances burned a spiritual e book (some Christians have tried to take Harry Potter off the cabinets of public colleges) I actual have under no circumstances tried to misinform college toddlers approximately technology (many Christians do not prepare themselves approximately evolution and as a consequence exchange into liars to propitiate the clever layout pass, removing the scientific approach and empirical study of the universe that have made the united statesA. the precise u . s . for technology) unlike maximum church homes I actual have under no circumstances tried to sell my ideals, mail propaganda literature, or ask for donations to end the government from insuring equivalent rights for believers (study that to christian political agencies that attempt to dam gay marriage or different secular concepts). i don't evangelize, yet I do communicate against theism in debates. i detect the full theory of conversion distasteful. each now and then i might nicely be boastful. yet i detect the theory of "hell" to be supremely boastful with the aid of ten fold - it ability that folk who do not believe the comparable as you do will someway be tortured with the aid of their god. this is the perfect form of conceitedness, regardless if the guy believes it is authentic or not.

Yes, I've seen quite a few Christians and Atheists parading around on their high horses. Problem is however quite a few of them from both groups fail at it.

Logic is not to atheism as holiness is to Christianity.

May I point out the irony of the illogical nature of your insinuation?

Oops, I think I just did.

how are atheists more logical, if all atheists would be complete jerks and most are nice people. for ex morals are completely illogical

Yes.

• Robin

Yes, some most certainly do.

Since you are outrageously hilarious, have you considered doing stand-up? No, really!

You are so right! I try not to, but it's hard sometimes...