Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

90's maybe a tv movie, winter orphan rose wolves manor?

Ok,

I only remember seeing this a few times as my mom recorded it on a vhs for me. It was back in the early 90's I believe. I remember very little, but have short glimpses. I know it is about a girl, who I think works in a factory or her mom did, mom dies or something and she is sent to live with an uncle (pretty sure it was an uncle)or aunt or something in a big manor. I think I remember the beginning showing a coach ride, I know I remember a lot of snow. I recall hearing wolves call in the back ground. I don't remember much else. I recall liking it. But its been nearly 20 years.

So I know its a long shot but does anyone know the name? I seem to recall something like Lily in Winter, but I know thats not it, or manor of Wolves... I am 99% sure its a made for TV movie, so need help. Thanks.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Wolves of Willoughby Chase (1989)

starring Stephanie Beacham, Mel Smith and Emily Hudson

IMDb review:

A girl goes to stay with her cousin while her aunt and uncle travel--I believe some place warm so the mother can get better. However, once the parents are gone, the woman left in charge turns out to be not such a nice person. She has plotted to have the parents' ship sunk, fired all the servants except for two, forged a will saying she gets all the money instead of the two girls. When she realizes the girls have discovered her plan, she sends them to the factory ... It's a clothes-washing place, and during their escape, the boy watching the workers gets stuck in the clothing press. In the end, the girls escape and return home. I think they kill the woman or the wolves get her or something. The parents return ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.