The Industrial Revolution Study Guide Help. Can you help me?

Terms to Know:

Lowell girls

Andrew Jackson

Tariff of 1816

Second Bank of the United States of America

capital

McCulloch vs. Maryland

steam engine

Miguel Hidalgo

interchangeable parts

Henry Clay

1. What is the application of scientific discoveries to practical use called?

2. Who invented the cotton gin?

3. Who's mill launched the factory system?

4. Thirty years after the first census, what was the population of the United States?

5. Where are separate compartments where water levels were raised or lowered? I'm looking for the term...

6. Which man began his political career as a supporter of free trade and the shipping interests of New England?

7. Which leader tried to resolve sectional disputes through compromise?

8. Which agreement provided for the disarmament along the Canadian border?

9. What was a product of the United States expressing its nationalistic feelings?

More Practice

1. Why did the United States's Industrial Revolution appear first in New England?

2. What factors do you think contributed to President James Monroe's reelection?

Thanks this is a study guide to help me tomorrow not HW I have to do real HW that why I need urgent help

Im pathetic

Thanks :D

Favorite Answer

Terms to know:

"Lowell Mill Girls" was the name used for female textile workers in Lowell, Massachusetts, in the 20th century.

Andrew Jackson (March 15, 1767 – June 8, 1845) was the seventh President of the United States (1829–1837). Based in frontier Tennessee, Jackson was a politician and army general who defeated the Creek Indians at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend (1814), and the British at the Battle of New Orleans (1815).

In 1816, the Congress enacted a new tariff law, setting the custom duties high enough to discourage imports. The purpose was not to gain revenue but to protect factories that had grown up in America during the embargo and the War of 1812.

The Second Bank of the United States was chartered in 1816, five years after the First Bank of the United States lost its own charter.

The most important city or town of a country or region, usually its seat of government.

McCulloch v. Maryland, 17 U.S. 316 (1819), was a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States.

A steam engine is a heat engine that performs mechanical work using steam as its working fluid.

Miguel Gregorio Antonio Ignacio Hidalgo-Costilla y Gallaga Mandarte Villaseñor[3] (8 May 1753 – 30 July 1811), more commonly known as Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla or simply Miguel Hidalgo, was a Mexican priest and a leader of the Mexican War of Independence.

Interchangeable parts are parts that are, for practical purposes, identical.

Henry Clay, Sr. (April 12, 1777 – June 29, 1852), was a lawyer, politician and skilled orator who represented Kentucky separately in both the Senate and in the House of Representatives.

1. Technology

2. Eli Whitney

3. Samuel Slater

4. 10 million

5. Locks

6. Daniel Webster (not so sure about this one)

7. Henry Clay

8. Rush-Bagot Treaty

9. ?

More Practice:

1. New England had many rushing river's and streams. These provided the water power necessary to run the machinery in the New England factories. new England's geographic location also proved to be an advantage. It was close to others resources, including coal and iron from nearby Pennsylvania. New England also had many ports. through these ports passed the cotton shipped from southern states to new England factories.

2. ?

I understand so I'll help you.. Whoa.. That was long.. I answered these at the best of my ability. Sorry if I didn't answer 1 or 2 of them b/c I don't know what the answer is.. Your Welcome. :)

Source(s): www.wikipedia.com

the business Revolution grew to become into notably massive in u.s. [for the time of the 1800s], so we had diverse accessible jobs. Immigrants from in particular Europe immigrated to u.s. [you be responsive to approximately Ellis Island, top?] and helped the U.S. replace into effective with their industries such because of the fact the oil organization, cloth factories, metallic organization...etc