Why do people flash their lights at me at night?

When I am driving people flash their lights at me. I have my lights on automatic, not high beam or anything. Someone told me maybe my lights are too far to the right or left, or downward. I will say that I do have trouble seeing though. Maybe my lights are not shining enough. However, I drive a 1999 Chrysler LHS. If my lights need to be adjusted how much will it cost?

Favorite Answer

your lights are too high, or too far left. park on a level place, aiming at a wall about 50' away. Adjust the screws so the high beam is just over level (center slightly higher than the lights on the car) and slightly to the Left. Check to affirm the lows are lower, and slightly right of center. There are two or three adjusting screws on each side (left and right) for down, and left and right. should take about 5 minutes. (you might need to buy a special driver at the parts store to adjust them, and they can show you where the adjusting screws are.)

1. At night, turn on your headlights (or let them turn on automatically), then get out of the car, walk to the front and take a look. How do the lights seem to you? Are they both on? Does either one seem excessively bright? That may give you an idea of what's wrong, and it'll cost you nothing.

2. Call your auto shop and ask how much it would cost them to check the nagle on your lights. Chances are they'll take a look and adjust the angle for free, if that's what's wrong.

Probably because your headlight beams...low and high beams, likely are out of adjustment. Go to your mechanic and ask them to adjust your headlight beams. Shouldn't be very expensive. I'd guess $50 or less.

Your car most likely has abraded plastic head-light lenses. Who ever adjusts your head-lights will tell you the condition of the Plastic lenses.

Source(s): Alignment, suspension and brake shop.

They could be telling you that there is a cop down the road ,or you have a blown headlight.

If they're flashing their brights at you, your headlights may be pointing a bit up, if anything. Get the alignment checked.

They could be telling you that there is a cop car down the road where you are going.

40 dollars

check it out at night turn your lights on and look at them from 50ft away if you can hardly see them i would clean them up with head light restorer you can buy that at an autozone

it is a warning or they think you have high beams on