Is this legally a new roof in the state of Maryland?

So I bought a house, and the homeowner advertised the house as having a new roof. Well now (1 year later) half of it is falling off. Turns out their definition of a new roof was putting new shingles on the old roof, old shingles and all. So turns out now the whole roof is warping. I need to pay out $9,000 to fix... show more So I bought a house, and the homeowner advertised the house as having a new roof. Well now (1 year later) half of it is falling off. Turns out their definition of a new roof was putting new shingles on the old roof, old shingles and all. So turns out now the whole roof is warping. I need to pay out $9,000 to fix this crap. They never disclosed that this was what they meant by a new roof, and the home inspector did not catch it. I got the receipt from them for the company that did it, that even states that was what was done. They even said in their email 'you should have gotten these papers in closing..." we'll apparently I didn't... Is it legal in Maryland to do that and call it a 'new roof' or did they knowingly lie about what they did? We're thinking of suing and asking a lawyer, but in the mean time I figured I'd see what you guys think. What else is the Internet for? Lol
6 answers 6