Me and my boyfriend want to go on a trip together, but within the states, where is a romantic place in America?

? I would like a place where we can do other stuff besides have dinner and sex.

Favorite Answer

Ok here are several idea for the 2 of you.

1. Williamsburg Virginia

Between the Busch Gardens Theme park and Colonial Williamsburg and above average food both in selection and quality as well as top hotels makes it one of my top choices

2. Calloway Gardens

Site of the PBS Victory Gardens show in the sand hill area of western Georgia this is a full service resort with excellent dining and several very different gardens.

3. Ouray Colorado

Up for some adventure?

Drive the Million Dollar Highway in southwestern Colorado its views rival that of the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) in begins in Durango and ends in Montrose roughly 5 hours away the town that i suggested is roughly 2 hours in on the drive and in my opinion the most interesting town between its shops and architecture (Victorian) there are several Hotels and B&B's available but book early.

4 St George, Utah

Gateway to the Backcounrty Section of the Zion National Park the Dining is only okay but the views are great and the people are some of the niceset in the state (I have been to Utah multiple times).

• Kyle

Pure romance? Savannah, Georgia. I would wager that its historic district could hold its own against any city in the New World in terms of its beauty. It does have things to do... Tybee Island isn't far and is solid by Atlantic Coast beach standards... but unless you like history and architecture I wouldn't expect an Orlando level of activity.

• Well a romantic place in American is Puerto Rico I have a great time there, but I know you want in the states but P.R is the best place for romantic times!:)

• Mark

I would recommend going somewhere like northern california or maybe somewhere near the Florida keys. Lots to do and can be romantic depending on where you stay

Bakersfield, California

See a NBA-D league Bakersfield Jam game, then dine in Italian/Basque candlelight at Sandrini's.

I would say Texas, I once visited there and I got to say one of the best places I have ever visited. An the Landscape is spot on for your occasion.

Source(s): Travelling