Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

If Magglio Ordonez were to retire today would you remember him more from his time in Chicago or Detroit?

8 years in Chicago - .307, 187 HRs, 703 RBIs, .364 OBP

7 years in Detroit - .313 BA, 107 HRs, 513 RBIs, .373 OBP

His best single season (2007) was in Detroit when he hit .363 and drove in 139 runs.

Personally, every time I think of him I think of his walk off HR to send the Tigers to the ALCS or his sliding play to save Justin Verlander's first no hitter.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The Sox, but being a fan I'm not really impartial.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Detroit

His walk off HR to send the Tigers to the ALCS was the most momentous.

• 9 years ago

Detroit

Source(s): p
  • Detroit

Source(s): me
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yeah the tigers. But I hope he doesn't retire. It would be nice to see a few more years. I do have a feeling though he is a hall of famer no matter what. Just look at the RBI's and Amazing BA. and his OBP isn't that bad either. But the types of plays like you said, will most likely define him.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For me, i will remember him in Detroit. i'm basically 18 years previous so most of the time I accompanied baseball, I observed him on the Tigers. notwithstanding, he grew to become into mockingly my first sought after participant, i grew to become right into a extensive fan. I also have a bobblehead of Maggs in a Sox uniform. yet nonetheless, i will remember him as a Tiger. playstation : If he ever did get booed, it wasn't lots.....stop searching for an excuse to hate on an entire fanbase. ------------------------------------ Sam: I wasn't addressing you. i be responsive to the questioner has an severe hatred in direction of the entire White Sox fanbase, so i grew to become into addressing him approximately his claims of booing. i be responsive to there grew to become into some booing only because of the fact he grew to become right into a former White Sox, yet in many cases, the White Sox followers do no longer hate Maggs. Many are chuffed with him and wanted him luck. mockingly, him leaving helped the White Sox win in 2005.

• Joshua
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

WHITE SOX! He was a fan favorite,we even had our chant for him.This brings me memories of THE BIG HURT,jose valentine, and black jack.They did nothing really,but they were liked more than the team they have now.

• Chaos
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Detroit.

• 9 years ago

Detroit.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Definitely the sox

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.