Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

If Magglio Ordonez were to retire today would you remember him more from his time in Chicago or Detroit?

8 years in Chicago - .307, 187 HRs, 703 RBIs, .364 OBP

7 years in Detroit - .313 BA, 107 HRs, 513 RBIs, .373 OBP

His best single season (2007) was in Detroit when he hit .363 and drove in 139 runs.

Personally, every time I think of him I think of his walk off HR to send the Tigers to the ALCS or his sliding play to save Justin Verlander's first no hitter.

• Favorite Answer

The Sox, but being a fan I'm not really impartial.

Detroit

His walk off HR to send the Tigers to the ALCS was the most momentous.

Detroit

Source(s): p
  • Detroit

Source(s): me

Yeah the tigers. But I hope he doesn't retire. It would be nice to see a few more years. I do have a feeling though he is a hall of famer no matter what. Just look at the RBI's and Amazing BA. and his OBP isn't that bad either. But the types of plays like you said, will most likely define him.

For me, i will remember him in Detroit. i'm basically 18 years previous so most of the time I accompanied baseball, I observed him on the Tigers. notwithstanding, he grew to become into mockingly my first sought after participant, i grew to become right into a extensive fan. I also have a bobblehead of Maggs in a Sox uniform. yet nonetheless, i will remember him as a Tiger. playstation : If he ever did get booed, it wasn't lots.....stop searching for an excuse to hate on an entire fanbase. ------------------------------------ Sam: I wasn't addressing you. i be responsive to the questioner has an severe hatred in direction of the entire White Sox fanbase, so i grew to become into addressing him approximately his claims of booing. i be responsive to there grew to become into some booing only because of the fact he grew to become right into a former White Sox, yet in many cases, the White Sox followers do no longer hate Maggs. Many are chuffed with him and wanted him luck. mockingly, him leaving helped the White Sox win in 2005.

• Joshua

WHITE SOX! He was a fan favorite,we even had our chant for him.This brings me memories of THE BIG HURT,jose valentine, and black jack.They did nothing really,but they were liked more than the team they have now.

• Chaos

Detroit.

Detroit.

Definitely the sox