What do you think about my novel idea and other questions about it?

hello. my plot is about a man experiencing auditory hallucinations and creates characters to silence the voices in his head. the entire novel is written in dialogue which is to play out the illusion of having an auditory hallucination for the readers. the main characters are Travis,Sandy,Andrea,Emma and Jacob. each take the initiative in creating utopia a silent world starting with Andrea. Travis is extra special as he is a mental patient suffering from an auditory hallucination where he communicates with the unknown MC who created him so essentially God who in a way is the reader and the MC uses Travis to orchestrate the characters actions. also keep in mind that the characters don't exist when they aren't talking to each other so the aim is to keep them apart. i am thoughtfully planning out the story and i have spent two years developing my writing style and fleshing out my characters but the biggest risk is it being written entirely in dialogue but to clarify it is not script style i repeat NOT script style. also it's called "Sustaining Silence." sorry if i confused you and don't steal my idea.

my idea for the opening: so i wanted to start with random voices saying things for one page and ending it with someone saying "die,die,die." it's only one page and it's only there to make the goal stand out. for the next chapter i introduce Emma at her mother's funeral and the second line is "die, die,die" but it sounds funnier because she's interrupting her aunts emotional heartfelt, eulogy because she's playing black ops on her phone.

1.what do you think of this idea?

2. what do you think of the opening? any better ideas?

3.would you read it?

4.do you like the title?

5. do you think this idea is too risky for agents or publishers to be interested in it?

other notes or comments

thanks you guys.

Favorite Answer

It sounds like a great idea and would definitely be interesting to read, if done well. I think you'll have to be very careful to remain sympathetic toward Travis and you could include an exploration of mental disorders within your story.

I think the title is good, quite eerie and gives hints toward the utopian silent world you want to create (I assume it would not be apparent that was the aim from the start?)

As for publishing, it seems like quite an ambitious idea but that would actually sell it better if you execute it well. Publishers are always looking for new, original material and it sounds like you're on to something :)

Best of luck!

Source(s): English student and aspiring writer

Well, it certainly sounds like an interesting idea IF, and only IF, you pull it off [well]. If not, it can all end up disastrous. Just do it well. If you do, it'll be amazing. :)

Source(s): Anyone wanna read my story? tell me what you think? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aidot...

i think its great! i would definately read this book go for it - youve got nothing to lose.