9th/8th grade science fair project ideas?

I have my science fair coming up and i need either like an advanced 8th grade project or a 9th grade project idea. It has to be something i can experiment on and it has to be measurable(time, numbers, etc. NOT POLLS!) im kinda interested in everything. so any ideas? im stuck. anything woukd help!

Ok, here's an idea. (Note: this is the same as I posted on another question, but I think it applies here.)

1) Acquire chocolate laxative.

2) Bake four batches of brownies: two with laxatives, two with only real chocolate.

3) Find a weird person from another class who will cooperate with you. (Or, if you are the weird kid in school, find a normal person)

4) Both of you present a batch of each type of brownies to your respective classes.

5) Both of you record the number of people who thought the brownies tasted funny for each of the four batches.

6) Compare the results between batches of the same class, batches of the same type in different classes, and (Normal Brownies/Laxative Brownies) for class A to (Normal Brownies/Laxative Brownies) for class B.

This experiment tests how your fellow students perceive kindness from a perceived normal person as compared to that from someone they view as weird. My hypothesis is that more students will notice that something is off with the "weird" student's laxative brownies than the "normal" student's. Of course, the real question lies in the proportions. You're really looking to see whether or not the number of falsely-reported "weird tasting" brownies (i.e. brownies that are perceived to taste weird but are normal) rises at the same time as the recognized "weird tasting" laxative brownies. If only the actual laxative brownies that are noticed increases, the students are simply more wary of kindness from the weird student. However, if the number of falsely-reported "weird tasting" brownies increases as well, the students are actively suspicious of the weird kid.

Of course, there are certain results which I have not covered. You're on your own for interpreting those. :)

Design, build and demonstrate a perpetual motion machine.

Use a motor to drive a generator to make electricity to charge a battery to drive the motor, calculate the perpetual of the motionary involvement.

Source(s): kooking 101

Try one on cigarette smoking and it`s effects on the human body.I got second place in my science fair long before cigarette smoking was concidered dangerous to your health.

See the best answer at the reference.

prove that no one has psychic powers

I can give a few ways to do this if you are interested

does music have affect on plant growth?

I was curious on the answer too