R&P, can you form a sentence(s) using only song titles?

Here's an example...I'll use Beatles song titles;

'Oh Darling', 'tell me why' 'I want you'...

Or...

'Run for your life' 'Dr, Robert', 'you won't see me' 'because' 'I'll get you' 'back in the USSR'.

Well...something like that I guess. I'm sure some of you are far more imaginative ;)

Let's see!

BQ: Name some band(s) that take their names from another bands song...either inspired, or use of the entire name. Example; "Death Cab For Cutie"...not only are they a band, but they lifted their entire name from a late 60's song by The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band...here they are performing the song in The Beatles "Magical Mystery Tour" movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9y4vLrHsm4

Youtube thumbnail

Please if you could, list the source of your sentence...band name(s). Thanks.

Yes...definitely a hard act to follow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGTSUeyt-nY

Youtube thumbnail

Best Answer

i occasionally present a music quiz at my local hostelry, where i play snippets of songs and teams just have to write down the name of the title and artist.

this is one such quiz i put together a couple of years ago (apologies if it is ridiculously long)

once upon a time - in a big country - far far away - where the streets have no name - me and mrs jones - processed beats - this is hardcore - she said - do you wanna dance - all night long - no no no - i can't dance - i'm a man - baby, i don't care - i can help - listen to the music - move your body - jump to the beat - suddenly

from a distance - a spaceman came travelling - down to earth - crash - boom - run to the hills - she said - i am, i said - i ran - faster than the speed of night - slow down baby - don't go - too close - you don't know - what's going on - the two of us - all stood still - calling occupants of interplanetary craft - is there anybody out there? - suddenly i see

rocket man - crawling - outside - come into the open - she said - who are you? - my name is - the it man - i am the resurrection - wow - she said - unbelievable - then - i saw her standing there - and she was - loving the alien - b***h - i swear - just like a woman - suddenly

this charming man - lay down - crying - take me home - will you - help - can you dig it? - right here right now - alright - and she was - digging in the dirt - going underground - oh yeah - she said - subterranean homesick alien - down in a hole - i just wanna get out of this place - i just wanna live - happy ever after - the end

notes: she said - barclay james harvest, scorpions, the cramps x2

and she was - talking heads x2

suddenly - angry anderson x2

i thought i would be forgiven a couple of repeats

ba: houston's flowers to hide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta8mnP4D-RE

Youtube thumbnail

, from a catherine wheel song of the same name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iyzf_IDMfc

Youtube thumbnail

edit:

bands too?

smashing pumpkins - big country - slade - u2 - billy paul - kasabian - pulp - bjh - the ramones - rainbow - destiny's child - eddy grant - genesis - spencer davis group - transvision vamp - billy swan - the doobie brothers - eiffel 65 - stacy lattisaw - angry anderson

bette middler - chris de burgh - curiosity killed the cat - primitives - soad - iron maiden - scorpions - neil diamond - a flock of seagulls - bonnie tyler - christina aguilera - yazoo - blue - 13th floor elevators - marvin gaye - nsync - ultravox - carpenters - bassheads - kt tunstall

elton john - linkin park - staind - penetration - the cramps - the who - eminem - john cooper clarke - the stone roses - kate bush - bjh - emf - the charlatans - beatles - talking heads - david bowie - meredith brooks - all 4 one - bob dylan - angry anderson

the smiths - strawbs - aerosmith - phil collins - hazel o'connor - beatles - mock turtles - jesus jones - supergrass - talking heads - peter gabriel - the jam - roxy music - the cramps - radiohead - alice in chains - the animals - good charlotte - julia fordham - the doors

edit2:

*blushes*

"All I Want For Christmas Is You", "You belong with me", "I need you so bad" "But" I've Got a Feeling You Won't See Me Girl, Because I'm a Loser."

Some of the overtly pretentious ones who make a whole sentence all alone ~

"Starfire Burning Upon The Ice Veiled Throne Of Ultima Thule". "In the Raven-Haunted Forests of

Darkenhold, Where Shadows Reign and the Hues of Sunlight Never Dance".

"The Black Hawk War, Or, How To Demolish An Entire Civilization And Still Feel Good About Yourself In The Morning, Or, We Apologize For The Inconvenience But You're Going To Have To Leave Now, Or I Have Fought The Big Knives And Will Continue To Fight Them"

"The sad but true story of Ray Mingus, the lumberjack of Bulk Rock City, and his never slacking strive to exploit the so far undiscovered areas of the intention to bodily intercourse from the opposite species of his kind, during intake of all the mental conditions that could be deprived from fermentation"

Source(s): BA: Metallica - The Four Horseman. The band - The Four Horseman (would've linked to Wiki, but they're down)
  • Emma

"If the World" "Ain't Got Nothin" "When Tomorrow Hits" "I Got a Right" "Down the Hole"

Songs by: 1. Guns n Roses 2. Oasis 3. Mudhoney 4. Meat Puppets 5. Rolling Stones

I honestly don't really know the meaning to it though

BQ: the killers name was from the New Order's video "crystal"

Holy ****, captain futility just won the internet.

-----------------

In the spirit of the question:

Holy **** - Against Me

Captain - Fiddlers Green

Futility - Dreadful Shadows

Just - Radiohead

Can't do the rest, shame.

• Opiner

inorite! Jesus, his sentences make a better story than some of the published BOOKS I've read lately.

Bravo, Captain! :)

I thought I could til I read captain's answer. I'm not following that act

*bows*

One time - U smile - Drummer boy - Kiss and tell - That should be me - Baby

Subliminal message Courtesy of Justin B.

Source(s): iTunes Dx

'Forget it', 'I will not bow', 'because' 'in the end' 'what i've done' 'will' 'break my fall'.

Forget it, I will not bow, break my fall - Breaking Benjamin

In the end, What ive done - Linkin Park

because - beatles

will - I forget...damn... sorry

I sell propane and propane accessories.

"I want to hold your hand". (The Beatles in case you didn't know, lol)