Is any of the Romeo and Juliet movies similar to the book?

I haft to read 'Rome and Juliet' for English class and i was wondering if any of the many Romeo and Juliet movies were like the book so i don't have to read it. please no answers like 'Oh just read it yourself'

Favorite Answer

There are many films that are true to the original play.

However, it must be noted that movies are quite a different medium than live Shakespearean theater, so if you decide to do your assignments based on a film, be very careful about what details you choose to include. You should look for something as close to the filming of a theater production as possible; steer clear of the Claire Danes/Leonardo DiCaprio movie because that will just confuse you further.

• cluff

The 1968 version is generally real to the play, leaving out a pair of Romeo's minor scenes, and replaced into o.k. acted. The actors are of a achieveable age (no 40 year olds enjoying sixteen), and the action picture replaced into fantastically shot.

The one made in 1968 by Franco Zefferelli. It's so similar and it has the same quotes etc.

Yeah I get what you mean, it's long. But some quotes are VITAL, so I'd only read them fromt he book. But yeah, if you watch the movie, you can get a brief analysis of the characters, because that's always important, especially for an exam.

Good luck..

Source(s): I read the book and watched that movie twice for english class too.