Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 8 years ago

R there risks taking unprescribed antibiotics to treat bacteria infection?

Plagued with an excruciatingly painful bacteria infection, (epidydimitis- inflamation of the epidydimis) i recently got a black market antibiotic amoxicilian

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Absolutely. If the dosage is wrong or the antibiotic is not correct it may do several things such as:

1) nothing at all

2) injure the bacteria but not kill it, thus allowing it to rebound even stronger but with an immunity to the drug you took

3) Kill other bacteria that are not harmful, resulting in a new infection

4) etc etc etc

Source(s): Medicine. Go to the doctor.
  • Tink
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

You mean like you gave yourself the wrong diagnosis? Ok, I'll humor you. A gram positive antibiotic for a gram negative infection and you wipe out the gram positive bacteria in your intestinal tract making you vulnerable to nasty bout of C.difficult infection, which could require that they remove part of the colon.

That's just one of say two dozen reasons off the top of my head.

Yeah, I'm being serious. Most common cause of epidydimitis it gram negative bacteria, and amoxicilian is gram positive. Self treating with the wrong medication is always a bad idea. Self treating even if you think it might be the right one is still a pretty bad idea. They have people who went to school twenty years to learn about these things dispense these things for a reason. See a doctor - - Go to a clinic. If you need help that badly financially call a planned parenthood and see if they can help you out somehow....they almost always have the hook ups with the free/low cost heath clinics. If all else fails....emergency room....just saying.

• Karen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Because they haven't worked so far. Any form of biological control is potentially dangerous. There are as many horror stories as there are success stories. A lot could go wrong using this method. For example, a phage could evolve to infect another bacteria, and in the process pass virulence genes into what was a harmless species.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.