What do you do with movie videos when you no longer have a video player?

I recently bought a blu-ray dvd player and no longer have a VCR. I've collected hundreds of videos throughout the years, what do I do with them now??

• Spike
    Favorite Answer

You can try to sell to them to your local mom and pop video/music chain store, that buy and sell new and used DVDs and Blu-Rays. They might still buy VHS tapes like when it first started to go obsolete. But you might not get a lot money back from it. But IF they don't buy VHS tapes anymore then just donate it to Goodwill. They still take it and sell it at a very cheap price. I still have all my VHS tapes stored away in four storage bins, and never sold any away. in a part of the house where a lot of the stuff are there.

With that said there are still some movies that NEVER came out on DVD or Blu-Ray yet, and one still have to watch it on VHS. These are the ones that I know of.

O.S.S.

In The Company Of Spies

Brotherhood Of The Rose

IKE (staring Robert Duvall and Lee Remick)

Death Of A Gunfighter

Till the End of Time

Men Of the Fighting Lady

Spymaker: The Secret Life of Ian Fleming

Goldeneye- The Secret Life of Ian Fleming

Lucky Luciano (Starring Rod Steiger and Gian Maria Volonté)

CHiPs 99(the VHS is even hard to find these days)

IF they did come out on some other Region DVD or Blu-Ray, I didn't know that.

Most game stores, like Game Xchange and GameStop, don't take VHS movies anymore. So, you could try a pawn shop- they still sell and buy them. Or you can try to make a little money on YOUR terms- have a garage sale. More people have VHS movies than you think. Come to think of it, I have quite a few boxed away....

Donate them or sell them at a garage sale. I took all mine up to our cabin, no cable but we have a VCR. Lots of people still have VCR's. If they are copyrighted, you can't just copy them and analog to digital loses quality.

Donate them? Some charities will take them or even maybe old people's homes. You won't get any money for them unless you have a rarity in your collection.

Get them converted to disc check in your locality who does it I got 23 of mine converted for 45euro

sell them to half price books