Would a playboy girl be considered a model?

I was thinking about this today. I consider model's to be people who model clothes and accessories. Playboy girls, i consider, to not be a model. I think their just girls who show off their body to anyone/everyone. What do you think? Are playboy girls considered models?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Modelling isn`t only about fashion, it`s about advertising a product or commodity through visual means.

A runway model advertises clothes, a commercial or editorial model advertises a product, a glamour model or playboy model advertises a fantasy etc .

The pictures of people on life insurance adverts are models. The pictures of people on your cereal packets are models. The picture of the girl using hair straightners on the packaging is a model. The pictures of people advertising shampoo in magazines are models. Portrait photographs hanging in a Art Gallery are of models. These are just a few examples. There are 1000s upon 1000s of others.

Modelling genres include Fitness, Runway, Catalogue, Fashion, Print, Magazine, Advertising, Promotional, Plus Size, Character, Commercial, Editorial, Parts Modelling, Hair, Photographic Swimwear, Lingerie, Underwear, Alternative, Gothic, Topless, Nude: Glamour nude, Playboy Nude, Concealed Nude, Implied Nude, Art Nude, UK Magazine, US magazine, Continental, Hardcore, Fetish.

Source(s): UK Model Scout
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think your considering model's to be people who model clothes and accessories is not all the way true. Models can be basically modeled for anything. Playboy girls ARE modeling off their bodies. Do you ever see overweight people modeling out clothes? There are such things as hand models also.

• 8 years ago

I can't think of another polite word for them beside "model".

Clothes models model clothes. Nude models model nudity. Either way it's a product to sell.

• I always interpreted a model as someone who models for the camera. Maybe they use that same interpretation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

...I suppose so! because you call pole dancers or strippers 'exotic dancers' to be polite...so maybe you'd call a playboy girl an 'exotic model'! lol.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

@AshE.. well plus size models... but yeah I agree wit u

They're models.. but kinda sluttyish models, all naked all over the place.... no offense.. lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.