Android touch screen not working? Could this be the problem?

I have an android optimus slider, and I've had it since Christmas.

It's been working fine with no problems until this morning. When I woke up and went to unlock it, the screen was jumpy and unresponsive. After a good five minutes I finally got it unlocked, and now it's just acting crazy. The screen is jumpy, it selects random things, it's just a mess.

The only thing I could think of is that I accidentally brought home my friends windows phone charger and I've used it for two nights now. Could this be why?

I've whiped off my screen, and left the battery out for a few hours.

If the charger was the problem, how could I fix it? Just let it run down and then charge it again with the right charger? Any suggestions on what this could be? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

The screen being jumpy isn't because of your battery nor charger, it is software or hardware. I doubt it is a software issue, which leaves a problem with your screen. If your phone is under warranty since you have had it less than a month, you need to take it back and get it replaced. If you have the electronics talent, this is how you repair it yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhpjobcLSiY

Youtube thumbnail

My cellphone is showing the same problem.. i have searched everywhere for its solution.. different blogs but no answer... no hardware issue... but there is a mobile repairer in my building who solves the problem for only 3$. dont know what does he to.. he doesn't tells me...