Ip/Router/minecraft/Port-forwarding Help?

i have made a bukkit minecraft server and it worked fine for a couple of weeks then i got a new router on Thursday 12th and since then i can connect through the ivp4 address but i can't connect through my public ip and my friend can't connect. my port forwarding is fine and yes i have put the right port in 25565 i think it might be the settings on my router. i have also tried deleting the minecraft server and try again but no luck.

please help. Btw I have a virgin superhub. Would it be to do with the router firewall?

• Adrian
    Best Answer

If you changed the router, it may be in a different subnet than the old one, making your server's static lan IP invalid (possibly). You have to go back and re-check the server IP, make sure it is valid for the router you have, then re-do the port forwarding to the server's IP again.

((maddie)) Yeah i'm. it extremely is Friday the next day!!! And it extremely is Jubilee weekend in the U. S. i'm getting an extra 2 days off artwork - 4 DAY weekend! simply by fact of Jubilee there are various highway events and activities happening. i bypass to a themed BBQ on Saturday :) would desire to with a bit of luck be a stunning, relaxing weekend! BQ: wintry climate. comparable as you, i admire wintry climate outfits and that i hate being too warm. I a great way opt to snuggle up in mattress and get heat and comfortable than sleep without covers simply by fact it is so warm (for e.g) i'm no longer a sunlight worshipper in any respect. And my birthday is in December! the only ingredient i do unlike approximately wintry climate is the long, dark evenings and mornings - however the rest is A-ok! edit: i for my section am in a solid temper approximately it. i hit upon that when it extremely is a financial corporation trip the ambience is solid simply by fact maximum individuals are off artwork (says plenty!) And sure you're appropriate, getting off the mattress is probable the worst ingredient approximately wintry climate! desire you have an mind-blowing night :) @Ryan :) :)