Do Brazilians speak more informal or formal Portguese?

I am learning the language online and it has been teaching the formal language. I heard that Brazilians speak more informal. I want to be able to sound more Brazilian than a gringo

It's like learning any other language; the natives usually use informal language in everyday speech, but people who are learning start out with the formal language.

Just as you would in English, native speakers of Portuguese usually use informal speech in every day situations, but more formal speech (or writing) where context calls for it.

Don't worry about sounding like a "gringo." You can't help it, at least in the beginning. OTOH, you will be appreciated for making the effort to speak Portuguese instead of expecting everyone there to speak English.

I'm brazilian and I can tell you that we speak the informal language . It's very rare to see a brazilian using the formal language . But in conversations during the day , with friends or whatever , we only use the informal one . And lots of slangs LOL

• pinder

I ought to trust Ross. the extra advantageous human beings understand and prefer one yet another, the extra casual is the way they communicate. i'm distinctly valuable the common German makes use of as lots colloquial language and slang (adolescents) as interior the US. The formal way of speaking is used while speaking to strangers or in corporation language.

• I'm from Curitiba-Brazil and we speak the informal Portuguese. I'm to learning English (EUA) and I want to know Los Angeles and San Francisco.