Atheists, why do you hate religion?

I know not all of you hate religion but this is for the people who do. Religion might sound stupid, however, it's the main reason why we have societies, and why we were encouraged to build buildings. The main reason Sumer existed was because of religion, Before Sumer, people had no connections, therefore, no... show more I know not all of you hate religion but this is for the people who do.

Religion might sound stupid, however, it's the main reason why we have societies, and why we were encouraged to build buildings. The main reason Sumer existed was because of religion, Before Sumer, people had no connections, therefore, no societies were made because of the lack of brotherhood. But when religion was developed, people could get together and share a belief. Religion also taught us to make laws, like it being a sin to kill another human, or it being a sin to steal. Just be lucky you have the clothes on your backs.

Additional Details: I'm aware of religion causing many wars, but don't get into that.

-An Atheist.