Best lip balm(s) for dry lips?

I have very dry lips and just ran out of my lip balm which has been discontinued... I thought I wouldnt have to repurchase anything but now my lips are becoming less dry? What is a super good lip balm? I don't care if its pricey, I just want a really good one

• Favorite Answer

These are my favorite lip balms:

- Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey (My all time favorite lip balm. Makes you lips incredibly moisturized and smells good. Plus, only costs $2 at drugstores! :))

- EOS (I have mine in Lemon Drop, which includes SPF 15. It smells good, but their are different types of flavors, so it really just depends on which one you get, but Lemon Drop is the only flavor that has SPF 15, I don't know why though, but I love it! Anyways, it does make your lips smooth and moisturized which is a huge plus! And it's also $2.)

- Maybelline Baby Lips (These are great pigmented lip balms. They moisturize very well, and they have SPF 20. I have mine in Pink Punch, and it's just a very pretty pink pop color. And they cost $3.)

- Vaseline (This has to be a favorite for everyone! This is probably the only thing you need for chapped lips! I apply this on my lips at night, and I love it! I would recommend this to everyone! You can get it for a $1.)

Hope this helped! :)

• Raji

I swear by this stuff, LUSH'S lip butter

If u want something homemade, try this recipe,

Coco-Rosey Lip Balm Recipe

2 Tbsp coconut oil

1 Tbsp grated cocoa butter

1 Tbsp dried rosebuds (or any dried flower, green tea, etc.)

1/4 tsp vitamin E oil (or 3 punctured, squeezed out vitamin E capsules)

3 drops rose essential oil (optional, or substitute lavender, vanilla, or sweet orange)

On very low heat, melt the coconut oil in a small stainless steel bowl or pot.

After the oil is liquid, add your roses (or other dried flowers) and stir well.

Allow to steep (again, on very low heat) for 1 hour.

Strain oil into a bowl through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth.

Wipe out your original heating pot/bowl, pour oil back in, and return to heat.

Add cocoa butter and stir until melted.

Remove from heat, add vitamin E oil and essential oil and stir well.

Transfer to a small container and let set for 3 hours.

My favorite isnt pricey at all. Its just the chapstick brand. The light blue medicated is for if your lips are really chapped. If you just need lip balm to moisturize your lips, stick with the dark blue original.

I use cocoa butter formula chapstick, because it 1. Smells good 2. Makes lips nice and soft and 3. has SPF 15 in it, for protection against the sun. Nivea also has good chapstick ranges, look for the ones with SPF 15 or 30, for extra protection!

Avon's care deeply lip balm

Here's what i do. Every morning, (or every couple of days, depending if I have time or not), I mix

olive oil with sugar, and use my fingers and rub it across my lips. This softens my lips and even brightens them naturally. Then, I put Carmex over it. Carmex is the BEST

EOS lipbalms or Nivea Hydro or Repair and Protection. Avene has an amazing one as well and Lucas PawPaw Ointment is great ( I'm not sure if its avaliable from other countries but I'm from Australia.)

Source(s): I have extremely dry lips and skin.

Pure coconut oil. Its awesome. You can buy a container of it and then put some into a small container. It hydrates really well and smells great. Best moisturizer I have ever had.

Plus, you can use it on your skin too!

eos lip balm or maybelline baby lips!

maybelline baby lips and vaseline lip therapy both save my lips