I am sooo sick of cookie cutter movies that are so perverted!?

I swear that I am not simply looking for something to complain about,but why do movies have to all be the same?Nowadays almost every plot seems to be the same and they are all intensely sexual and violent.What happened to things like whit and romance?Don't get me wrong,some movies these days are ok and there are even a couple that I like, but why do they all seem to scream pop culture?

• Zholla
    Favorite Answer

Hollywood panders to the lowest common denominator. It wasn't always like that. But it is now.

I am an old school movie goer. Friday night was dedicated to seeing the new movie...and every Friday night I went, like clockwork. Think I went to four movies in 2010 and three in 2011.

When I want wit and romance...I go back in time.

Bogart and Bacall in To have and Have not, The Big Sleep, The Thin Man series, and other movies like

Here Comes Mr. Jordan

Spellbound

Gaslight

Rebecca

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

Casablanca

Now Voyager

Dark Victory

Lost Horizon

The Fountainhead

Meet John Doe

Double Indemnity

The Third Man

Witness for the Prosecution

Madame X

The Postman Always Rings Twice

Imitation of Life

North by Northwest and most of the rest of the Hitchcock library.

Wuthering Heights

Don't be too dismayed at the drek passing for movies nowadays. Take a trip back in time...when movies were movies....

Because they want to make movie that make movies that the most people are going to see that is why they scream pop culture they always go with he most popular thing it has always been that way from harry potter to twilight and who knows what the next thing will be but above all they want to make money.

Go see the new Sherlock Holmes It is a great movie. Just saw it today.

• srmm

Hollywood. Money. Shock value.........IF a movie is too mild, some filmakers will interject trashy scenes and language just to get that R rating. That's what sells.......

• bekis

relies upon why I making them. If that is for a occasion for my frmale or gay pal that is intense heels. If that is for my important different the hearts or lips. If that is decemeber then that is christmas ones. If that is easter then nicely geese. For my observed sister then that is animals.